Question GTA V low fps but capable pc

Dragonrendx

Prominent
Feb 1, 2020
I have a machine that well exceeds the recommended requirements for playing in 1080p
RX5700 XT
I5 10400F
2x8 3000Mhz HyperX CL15

For some reason, i get on average like 40-60 fps, sometimes even below 40. Lowest i've gotten is 25.
When im inside buildings i usually get 60 fps clean, but when im in open world it drops significantly.
The graphics settings are on max, But the quality doesn't make a difference. I've tried lowering the graphics to normal and even changing the resolution to 800x600, but no difference in fps.
My friend, who has almost the same specs as me (Same gpu and cpu) gets above 100 fps. In a youtube video i've seem a guy do a benchmark with my exact same specs, and he got like 140 fps on average.
Hardware is definitely not the problem, i've checked my HDD with HDDScan, and its fine.
Other games i have no problem running. Only game i've experienced this is GTA.
I tried reinstalling the game and it didn't help, i tried some fps boosting methods from youtube, configured my amd settings, checked for latest driver updates, but nothing changed.
Maybe its glitch with the fullscreen? because once i pressed alt+enter and suddenly i got like 100 fps, but it doesn't work for me no more.
I am very confused and help will be appreciated.

Dragonrendx

Prominent
Feb 1, 2020
Its a new build, bought it new 8 months ago. I replaced every single part except for the 120gb ssd. Its kind of an old ssd, i've got it for like 5 years. But i don't think its the problem since the game is on the HDD. Its a new Seagate barracuda 2TB.
The OS is like 2-3 months old
I'm pretty sure i downloaded drivers for the bios after i installed windows.
I'll send you a link of a video with an example:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXC-mqzC-pg
(*Note: The FPS counter at the left is the accurate one, for some reason amd shows double the fps)
Sorry for the bad quality from the phone, I just couldn't get OBS to record the amd overlay.
The usage is fine I think, it just shows that my pc isn't struggling at all because it is perfectly capable, yet I get such bad performance.