GTA V May Come to PC Early 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ1217

Honorable
Rockstar aren't getting my money. If they treat any gaming community as second rate customer, I would want to teach them a lesson. They don't deserve my money. After all, you wouldn't shine the shoes of someone who spits on your face now would you?

With the right timeline for releases, some people will end up buying 3 copies of the same game. That just makes good business sense.

They can't have a PC version in high-res muddy the sales of the current gen. They can't have a moddable PC version muddy the sales of the next gen consoles.

The GTA series is their legacy, and what they'll be known for for all time. I think they are moving very cautiously after GTA4. Yeah, it seems like there's some online issues, but they are addressing them. By the time a GTA 5 is ready for release on PC, it should have plenty of polish.

We have to see how GTA 5 utilizes the power of the next gen to get a good sense for what a PC version will be like. I'm going to assume they'll recommend 8 thread / 8 core processors on PC to get closer to a 1:1 comparison from next gen consoles. I mean, they can't spend 8 months optimizing it can they? Oh wait ;)

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I'm not buying this..

Why should I get GTA V for my pc (I don't own any consoles and I never will), if I've seen all of it already on youtube?

Unless the PC version has TONS (6 months worth of it) of additional content , they don't deserve my money, I'll get it somewhere else.

G

It's really simple. Rockstar is definitely making a PC version.
The reason they are starting with the console releases is so desperate PC gamers who don't want to wait will get it on PC, instead of pirating it. Yes, the reason it won't be on PC for another 6 months or so is because of piracy. They won't talk about it because they know that they are making a PC version and they don't want to share that business strategy.

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I'm not buying this..

Why should I get GTA V for my pc (I don't own any consoles and I never will), if I've seen all of it already on youtube?

Unless the PC version has TONS (6 months worth of it) of additional content , they don't deserve my money, I'll get it somewhere else.

"Why should I get GTA V for my pc (I don't own any consoles and I never will), if I've seen all of it already on youtube?"

Who made you watch those videos? I've stayed away from them. Well, I watched in the initial heist. I had enough sense to stop after that.

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
most families these days have both pc and console. It's not like it's impossible to pirate the xbox or ps (for singleplayer modes) it's clever marketing on rockstars part to delay the pc version. If i would run a company, i would do it the same way. The gross of the money is made, now everything they get from a pc version is gravy.

alfaalex101

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I'm not too enthusiastic simply because the game will be locked from modding. They'll make up some bs about cheaters, multiplayer, stability and all the extra coding required. It's engine seems similar to the one in Max Payne 3 - which people can't do anything with!

And it will look way better than the consoles as already seen with San Andreas.

GTA San Andreas looked just okay for the time on PS2, but when it came to PC, it looked awesome for the time, so I am really excited for this.

@ alfaalex101

Max Payne 3 is a third-person shooter video game developed by Rockstar Studios and published by Rockstar Games. Development was led by Rockstar Vancouver in collaboration with the New England, London and Toronto studios.

Grand Theft Auto 5 - Grand Theft Auto V is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games.

I just wouldn't draw any conclusions about GTA5 based on MP3. You could end up being right at the end, but its just a guess at best.

Rahbot

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
Well if they do release this to PC I know my family and my sister in laws family will buy 3 copys each so thats 6 copys sold.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Well sadly PC gamers will always be in the minority because not everyone can afford $1500+ for a descent gaming PC. So a 8 yr old console is alot easier to buy and get a game for, so thats where the money is at. Looking forward to BF4 in a couple of weeks for PC will keep me busy for the next 18 months or so anyway, If GTA 5 comes it comes I will get it but not counting on it till I see it on Steam or Origin for download.

I really hope they do a much better job at optimizing it for pc than the last one, otherwise i wont be getting it. To this day with a high end system GTAIV can't be played on a high end modern system with all details up at a constant 60fps.

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
"""" "Why should I get GTA V for my pc (I don't own any consoles and I never will), if I've seen all of it already on youtube?"

Who made you watch those videos? I've stayed away from them. Well, I watched in the initial heist. I had enough sense to stop after that.""""

That was just a way to express my feelings.
I haven't seen much about the game on youtube DELIBERATELY,
but it's very difficult and you have to be blind/deaf while browsing the web, talking to persons who have a console to NOT let them spoil it for you beforehand...

The game won't be "new" in six months or whenever Rockstar feels like releasing it and playing it won't feel such an "adventure" as it should..

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Translation: Wait til GTA V for PC is released in early 2014 (if it is at all) to build a new gaming PC because it probably won't be very well optimized and require ridiculous specs for crap graphics.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Seems to me that pirating can't really be an issue as they made close to a billion in sales already, at this point they could give it away and make money from online play.
I know that would never happen, but once they smooth out the kinks in this release, they have no excuse for a poor PC version release.

I do wish user mods would be a part of todays games, it added so much to the DOOM series.
Still it looks like there will be a lot to explore in the world they have created, for those that are into the emersion experience more than a race to the finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.