GTA V not running on 1060

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countgreen

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017
So my friends laptop is seeing 100% usage on the cpu when trying to run GTA V. It was working fine before and then he installed the GeForce experience and used it to optimize it. Now its using 100 cpu and its a slide show. He has tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and GeForce experience but that hasn't helped. He has updated the graphics driver and that hasn't helped. He has also disabled the intel integrated graphics because it doesn't seem like its running on the 1060. The Nvidia control panel is missing as well so he can't easily force the 1060 to run gta. This is the only game that it has happened on. Any suggestions?

The NVidia Control Panel shouldn't be missing. Uninstall the NVidia & Intel Graphics driver, reinstall the Intel driver first, followed by the the NVidia driver (use the "Custom (Advanced)" option, uncheck GeForce Experience, and check "Perform a clean installation").

If the NVidia Control Panel returns, make sure it's set to Performance mode for GTA V (or set Performance mode for global settings)

Countgreen

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017

Yes the laptop is plugged in and is in performance mode.

Countgreen

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017

"if" that is concerning... Ok I'll try it. I don't see why it wouldn't download with the rest of the stuff

Others have had this same problem with the Control Panel option missing or hidden. Try different driver versions if it continues to happen, hopefully it's just a bug in a few, isolated revisions.

Your friend should be able to right-click on program shortcuts/targets and select the NVidia processor from a context menu, also - but ideally it would be nice to get the Control Panel back.

Status
Not open for further replies.