GTA V Now Out For PC; Nvidia Updates Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiatan

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
AMD also released a new driver for GTA V on the same day as Nvidia why the need to just mention Nvidia?
Yeah I've seen the same from many other websites, no mention of the new AMD drivers with updated Xfire profiles for other games and GTA V

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
AMD also released a new driver for GTA V on the same day as Nvidia why the need to just mention Nvidia?
Yeah I've seen the same from many other websites, no mention of the new AMD drivers with updated Xfire profiles for other games and GTA V

Because AMD told us about it after we published the article. Note the update, and thanks for the keen eye--

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Why are they charging $60 for a 2 year old game? Rockstar can lick my hairy balz. They are where they are because of PC gamers. And they choose to ignore us and chase console dollars for 2 years with multiple delays (it ain't cause of the programming, it's to milk every last dollar out of the PS3/XBOX360 and then the PS4/XBOXONE.

I'll buy this when it's $4.99 on Steam. If I don't choose to pirate it first. Suck on that, Rockstar.

chiefrocka90

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
When Rider says to C.J.
"I'm too intelligent for this sh*t man."

10/10 would play first part of the game over and over to hear that again.

wonderfully crafted game, played a little GTA IV while it downloaded to remind me of the crap I up with before lol...

Runs soo smooth and the settings are higher than I expected. Looks fantastic.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I don't necessarily condone torrenting games, but if you have to do it, torrent something like this. Because lord knows this game has already netted them more money than God. They can take the hit.

nokiddingboss

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Why are they charging $60 for a 2 year old game? Rockstar can lick my hairy balz. They are where they are because of PC gamers. And they choose to ignore us and chase console dollars for 2 years with multiple delays (it ain't cause of the programming, it's to milk every last dollar out of the PS3/XBOX360 and then the PS4/XBOXONE.

I'll buy this when it's $4.99 on Steam. If I don't choose to pirate it first. Suck on that, Rockstar.

nah, you'll pirate it like you always do with all of your games (except for the one that are free-to-play). don't make up these bullshit reasons. this is the reason shitty things like DRM exist. because of these kind of bullshit reasons for pirating games.

wtfxxxgp

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
These people talking about pirating the game etc: grow up. If you want to play quality games then freaking buy them. People who have already played some of the PC version are saying that it is better than they even expected, so surely the delay seems justified? I'll wait for it to be on sale, but I will buy it.

Brian Blair

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
Love this game! But I am just using the older 14.4 amd driver, The game has run butter smooth so far. Rockstar might have got it right this time. This game is very well optimized! Ubisoft can learn a thing or too! GTA V puts watch dogs to shame. It looks better, And it is a much bigger open world game! So now people should finally know that Ubisoft was full of it when they used the excuse of open world for bad optimization. Ubisoft just needs to tell the truth and admit that it was a hardware marketing stunt.

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Runs like a champ. And it truly is the best looking GTA in history. First person perspective is amazing. Though im curious how some reviewers played it maxed out at 4k with two 980's when i can't max everything out, not enough VRAM and i'm only playing at 2560x1440.. Regardless awesome game. No one should pirate it, period. Worth double to me.

"The developer said those who do so will also be rewarded with exclusive content as a reward for their loyalty to GTA V and the GTA series."
So... you have to buy the game twice to get the full version, and in different platforms? :D.

billyboy999

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Running this on a 290X at 1080p, the new drivers really made a difference. Before it would regularly dip well below 60fps. Now it touches 59fps once in a while. Benchmarks show 10-20% improvement.

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
Hah ha, I feel your pain.

And with regards to pirating the game, it crossed my mind for a micro-second too, but since the 'Days of Steam' we find ourselves in, i.e. simplicity of install / not having to install extra clients / infected software on our machines anymore, and the increased stability due to that over time, I can honestly say I don't need those problems anymore.

Long ago, I downloaded C&C3 Tiberium Wars, pulled it apart in every way possible, and found no viruses. So I played it for a year or so, and enjoyed it enough that I actually bought it.

Anyway, in 2009 I was in California on business, had some down-time on my hands and thought 'I would like to play such-and-such level on C&C3 again'. I even remembered to bring the DVD with me, and some HEROIN ADDICT stole it from my desk in work. OK we have no smakheads at work, but it was my first thought.

I remembered I still have the old download on my storage drive - and when I went to install / play it, a couple of backdoors / viruses were immediately detected.

So I had been infected on my desktop for a couple of years, unbeknownst to me. The hacker(s) could have done anything they liked to me, and my most precious documents / music / pictures etc were theirs for the taking.

Long story-short is, just because you don't find the backdoor / virus in that GTA downlaod NOW, does NOT mean it does not exist.

I'll wait for the $5 version too, just for making me wait.

cub_fanatic

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
I'm running it on the current 14.12 omega driver on and R9 290 and haven't had any issues so far after almost 8 hours of game time. I am running it in 1080p @ 60 Hz with almost everything maxed. One thing I noticed is that it runs very smooth with vsync off which most games these days don't. That indicates that there is very little frame rate drop even in the most congested scenes.

I also installed it on my laptop with HD 4000 Intel GPU just for the hell of it and was surprised that it is running in mostly medium detail settings in 1366x768 in DX 10. They really did a good job optimizing it to run on a very wide range of hardware. I wish more games would allow you to run it in DX 10 or DX 9 so it would at least run on an older or less powerful system. If i tried to run it in DX 11 on my laptop, the game crashes as soon as I click on the icon to launch it. One game that would have benefited greatly from that would have been Far Cry 4. It runs on my laptop but it looks like a slideshow even on the lowest possible settings. FC3 used the same engine and it lets you choose DX 10 and 9.

vaibhav2k

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Bro if you just want a low end pc to play gta v.The best option is
core 2 duo e8600 cpu
8gb ram
gt 610 gpu
450watt psu
1tb hdd
and you can easily run a gta v on mid settings as i can play at this settings on my core 2 duo e8600 pc

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
This is nvidia fanboy site and all others too.. That's y no mentioning!!!

I really don't know what to tell you. As soon as we got info from AMD, we updated the article. That update is IN THE HEADLINE as well as in the article itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.