Aug 15, 2019
As far as I know, nobody has had a similar issue, which is why I have decided to name it as a "Possibly Unique Case". When I am driving in the city area, my frames drop from 59-60 to 48-55 frames per second. The reason why this may be a unique case is because of the HUGE bottleneck my CPU imposes upon my GPU. Basically, If I go too low, in terms of graphical settings, my frames drop, and the same goes for if I go too high. This makes it difficult to fix because I do not know what I can and cannot change, as well as how high, or how low, I can go, graphically speaking. I will post my specs below. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 14.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz
MONITOR: 1920x1080@60Hz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (Overclocked to a power of 120%)

Solution
Then remove the smallest stick, while leaving the other 2 in the slots your motherboard deems necessary for dual channel, and see how it goes.
3 sticks runs in single channel mode, unless your mobo has a flex mode, but if it did, you probably wouldn't be having this issue.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Not a bottleneck. Your cpu's performance is being gimped via:
-temps are good?
-how many sticks of ram? 14GBs is not a normal configuration, and I suspect your cpu is running in single channel, not dual
-a few too many programs running in the background using up resources

Going down in graphics settings/resolution puts more load on the cpu, and since yours is already not running up to par due to one or more of the above...

Aug 15, 2019
Not a bottleneck. Your cpu's performance is being gimped via:
-temps are good?
-how many sticks of ram? 14GBs is not a normal configuration, and I suspect your cpu is running in single channel, not dual
-a few too many programs running in the background using up resources

Going down in graphics settings/resolution puts more load on the cpu, and since yours is already not running up to par due to one or more of the above...

Temperature is fine (I think). It sits at around 55 degrees Celsius when overclocked. On another website, someone also suggested that I ditch the 4 and 2 GB of RAM, and just get another 8 GB. I have many background processes, but most never exceed 3 MB, besides my Anti-malware Service Executable, which sits at 127.7 MB. Apps I have running while I play GTA V typically consist of Firefox, to chat with my friends as I play (because the Discord app is rubbish), and the Malwarebytes Tray Application. This all uses about 6% of my CPU, and 23% of my memory.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Then remove the smallest stick, while leaving the other 2 in the slots your motherboard deems necessary for dual channel, and see how it goes.
3 sticks runs in single channel mode, unless your mobo has a flex mode, but if it did, you probably wouldn't be having this issue.

Solution
Aug 15, 2019
Thanks a lot for your help. I'll try that out. Have a great day.

TRENDING THREADS