Question GTA V Online stuttering issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2021
Recently i picked GTAV back up and started playing Online, i noticed a reoccurring issue that i haven't been able to fix.

the issue occurs every so often, although no proper time range, happens randomly and inconsistently, the only consistent part is that it happens while i'm driving.

The game will freeze up, everything will stop for approximately 10-20 seconds, and then it will come back on its own... although i will disconnect from the server/mission i am in. I also have the issue happen from time to time where it freezes for shorter amounts of time however doesn't disconnect me.

The issue does NOT seem to be connected to my internet connection (tested on another machine and no issues.)

I have tried a lot of suggestions that i have seen, the only step next is to re-install my game fresh

I also get an error in Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: GTA5.exe, version: 1.0.2215.0, time stamp: 0x601317d1
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x3074
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70b37232a9f85
Faulting application path: E:\steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: dc1f526e-5cf0-4bbf-b3cb-156b56e4b428
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, open to trying things and will answer any questions to best of my abilities.

I have tried (from what i can remember)

- Playing around with Ingame settings and turning them all the way down, all the way up etc.
-Changing my game to my SSD instead of my HDD (through steam)
-Verified multiple times
-NVidia control panel fixes that i've found (Shader cache etc)
-Disabled Fullscreen optimisation on the 3 files i've seen people say.
-unplugging USB cables in my comp
- updating all possible drivers in existence (yes. i've done them all)
-monitoring CPU/GPU usage and heat (CPU usually sits at around 65-75C, which i thought was a bit hot.. but it doesn't rise past this)
- closed all unnecessary applications in the background
-ran a "system check" in cmd using the "sfc scannow" command. (did have a few corrupt files which were fixed, still getting the error and issues)
-Ran in admin
-Set process to "high" in control panel
-turned off win defender (dont have any other anti virus programs)
- set an exception on my Firewall (was already done, so i removed and re-added it)
-Other things that i am currently blanking on TBH, because it has been 1 helluva process trying to fix this.

My PC:
  • Intel i5-8600k 3.6ghz
  • 16gig RAM
-Nvidia 960ti

Feb 24, 2021
I think there's some missing files in your game, or they are corrupted, try reinstalling the game.
tried this today, game still crashed. however now no error in Event Viewer..

I completely wiped all my drives of anything Rockstar or GTA related before i reinstalled.

Sounds a lot like like you are running out of Vram, Not sure what res you are playing at and I know you said you turned everything to low, but it still sounds like a vram issue, make sure everything is set to low or off and try 1080p, and make sure Shadowplay is not recording or better yet turn it off and see if things smooth out.

Feb 24, 2021
Sounds a lot like like you are running out of Vram, Not sure what res you are playing at and I know you said you turned everything to low, but it still sounds like a vram issue, make sure everything is set to low or off and try 1080p, and make sure Shadowplay is not recording or better yet turn it off and see if things smooth out.
I've got everything set low, and im on 1080p.
Shadowplay is disabled, as well as Xbox Game Bar.

Monitoring my Vram shows it hovering at 80-90%. However im not sure how accurate it is. And the crashes dont seem to lower the vram usage at all.

Currently waiting on an order for the Nvidia 3070, so I'll end up finding out if this is GPU related... however honestly im not entirely convinced it is.

Thanks for the help though

Status
Not open for further replies.