GTA V Owners - Help please!

Hello, I was hoping someone who had a copy of GTA V (retail edition) could help me out. I presently have the game installed and left over from a previous Windows installation I had (same unit). However, Rockstar Social Club says the game is corrupt and reinstall is the only option.

Note: This may be applicable if you have a steam install, so please consider checking. Thank you.

Now, I have had this issue before, but I sadly neglected to keep a record of what I did to fix it. I know it had something to do with going into the registry and manually editing the path for the game location.

So, what I'm hoping someone can do is a registry search (Regedit) for something like GTA V or more probably "Social Club" and see if they return any keys with their game install path.... if so, could you perhaps export the key and let me see it, so I can modify it for my needs?

Thank you kindly to anyone who can assist. In case this is setting off flags for the mods, please be aware: My license is fully legal and I am not breaking any laws - I am simply trying to avoid reloading 7 discs worth of files + updates since I already have the files loaded on a drive from a previous install.

This would be correct. I don't recall how intact it was previously when I did this trick, but I do recall that pointing RSC to the actual location of the installed files was enough to get things up and running.

It's in a registry entry. I just no longer have those, as the basic chronology here:
1. Install GTA V on E:
2. At some point, clean install Windows on C: - per usual, I leave E: untouched as it's mostly steam stuff that's not registry dependent
3. C: based registry data for more complex games like GTAV is missing now

I moved GTAV once before on some previous install down the line and used this trick to get it back up and working, so presumably I might be able to use it again and spare myself a full reinstall. I just lack a template for the entry / insertion location information to do this as I neglected to back it up.

Hence, if someone with the game installed is able to find this key in their registry, they can export it and I can figure out what I have to do from there. I just don't have an intact example myself, hence my request for assistance. I know what I need to do, I just don't have the exemplar to modify.

TRENDING THREADS