[SOLVED] GTA V (PC) Not running very well

iW1llX

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Hopefully this is the right place

Basically my Computer meets the requirements for the game and should be running it very well. But I am struggling to run the game at normal (lowest) settings. The game just does not feel smooth and is running at around 20 - 25 fps

My Computer

Intel Core i5 4590
Nvidia GTX 760 2gb
RAM 8GB

Solution
Obviously something wrong...

Try running 3DMark2001 (Futuremark free program) and see what your score is. I don't have the exact computer but it's a rough guide. I have:
i7-3770K + GTX680 (similar to GTX770)

Depending on what model you have of GTX760 I'm probably about 15% to 20% faster. My score varies between 66,000 and 70,00 (depending on OS version and background usage).

*So I'd expect you to get somewhere near 55,000 for the default benchmark. If that's a lot lower you may have a problem with your CPU or GPU throttling or drivers. I'd imagine this is the most likely order:

1) Driver issue
2) GPU issue
3) CPU issue

*Try installing the latest NVidia drivers but choose the Custom->Clean install method. It solved an issue I had...
Obviously something wrong...

Try running 3DMark2001 (Futuremark free program) and see what your score is. I don't have the exact computer but it's a rough guide. I have:
i7-3770K + GTX680 (similar to GTX770)

Depending on what model you have of GTX760 I'm probably about 15% to 20% faster. My score varies between 66,000 and 70,00 (depending on OS version and background usage).

*So I'd expect you to get somewhere near 55,000 for the default benchmark. If that's a lot lower you may have a problem with your CPU or GPU throttling or drivers. I'd imagine this is the most likely order:

1) Driver issue
2) GPU issue
3) CPU issue

*Try installing the latest NVidia drivers but choose the Custom->Clean install method. It solved an issue I had once that simply reinstalling my drivers wouldn't fix.

Other:
GTA5 still has issues including memory leak and stuttering. I expect this to be fixed in the near future. It does NOT explain your poor performance. Also, make sure you didn't mess with the new scaling method, DSR:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr

If you did and set to 4K for example then that would also explain really bad performance.

Solution

iW1llX

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013

I installed them but my computer crashed when they where about to finish. Went back onto the geforce experience and it said that the drivers had been installed. So I went onto GTA but it was still unplayable. So Then I uninstalled all drivers and re installed but still having the same issues.

iW1llX

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013

Okay. Thank you

Will try everything here :D