GTA V Stutter problem

Stanstar22

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
I have a GTX 950, 8GB DDR4 RAM at 2133MHz and an i5-6500. I play the game fine for the first few minutes and then it starts to stutter. I get this problem as my GPU usage keeps dropping. However when the game stutters I can sit the camera still and it does not lag. However when I move the camera the HDD usage will shoot up to 100% and start stuttering. Is this a RAM issue with it becoming full and using the virtual memory. Only about 3/4 of my VRAM is being used also.

Stanstar22

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

I'm not sure about the VRAM thing because I tested the game putting the details even above the bar in the settings and was still getting 60FPS. Just took longer to happen. However I have two 7200RPM HDD, and my game is running on the other HDD of my OS and steam and such, but my when I look at task manager and MSI Afterburner my GPU Usgae drops and stutters when my HDD is at 100%. But the hard drive that is 100% in task manager is not the HDD I have the game on, only sometimes will my other hard drive with the game on will reach 50%.