[SOLVED] Gta V stutters

Sep 5, 2019
So i'm getting huge fps drops in Gta V, i can run the game at 80+ fps in high settings but i keep getting a lot of stutters and sometimes the fps drop to like 45 for 10 seconds, i've tried lower video settings, updated drivers, killing apps in task manager but nothing seems to work. Now from what i've read i suspect that it may be the low RAM space that is causing the problem cuz i currently have 8gb and if i play the game for 10 min i have already 7+ gb of my memory being used.

My PC specs:
Amd ryzen 5 2600
Amd radeon rx 580 4gb
8gb RAM 2 sticks
HDD 1tb

It could be a HDD problem too from what i've read and i dont want to spend money on a plus 8 gb RAM and ending up not being able to play the game. Do u think that it rlly is RAM related?

Solution
yeh sure, if u say so... See ppl buying diferent speeds and sizes and still being able to have it work.
And my RAM sticks are like 3 months old just as all my computer so they're in good shape.
What issues are u even talking about? I rlly cant think of any problem that i could get by adding a RAM kit as the same exact one as i have already.
Issues with mixing ram sticks:
-freezing/crashing
-stuttering
-BSODs
-symptoms don't always appear right away

So if you still choose to play the ram lottery, it's best if you test compatibility, ASAP.

Remeca

Reputable
Ram is a good possibility if it's at 7 used when you run the game. Could also just be the low speed data transfer when streaming in new areas of the game from the hdd, or a combination of both. Installing the game to an ssd would reduce this, as well as hugely improve loading times.

Sep 5, 2019
I'm going for some 8gb plus ram sticks cuz it's what everybody says the problem might be. Plus, dont know if it rlly is pertinent, but i monitored HDD usage and reads with Hwinfo, and nothing seems out of normal. It's a 7200 RPM disk anyways should'nt that be enough (im not rlly queen in PC hardware)

With CPUs that have a much higher single core boost than all core boost,you should make sure that all cores are locked to a specific clock,even if this clock is low you can do this from windows settings at the advanced power settings.
A lot of games are very sensitive about their threads running at different speeds.

Also windows 1903 is rolling out this period and windows updates don't show up in task manager,it could be downloading and checking files for updating in the background.

Sep 5, 2019
yeh sure, if u say so... See ppl buying diferent speeds and sizes and still being able to have it work.
And my RAM sticks are like 3 months old just as all my computer so they're in good shape.
What issues are u even talking about? I rlly cant think of any problem that i could get by adding a RAM kit as the same exact one as i have already.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Issues with mixing ram sticks:
-freezing/crashing
-stuttering
-BSODs
-symptoms don't always appear right away

So if you still choose to play the ram lottery, it's best if you test compatibility, ASAP.

Solution