Gta v ultra max settings! Help?

Oct 8, 2018
What graphics card should I buy if I want an ultra completely max settings of gta v? With all settings are "ON" like fxaa, txaa, vsync and all are turn "ON" in advanced graphics? And all settings are set to ultra like grass quality and all? Lastly how much vram gta v needs to have an ultra completely max settings? Thanks!

Solution

1070 and above would be a good starting point.
Oct 8, 2018

How much vram do I need? Is 1060 6gb not enough to completely maxed out all settings, as in maxed out?

1060 is possible, but GTA V is still a demanding game, so I would not expect a constant 60 FPS.

VRAM should not be an issue. 6GB and above should be plenty.

Oct 8, 2018

Thanks! You helped a lot. But lastly how about 3gb of vram?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Nope. For what you want, you're looking at 1070ti - MAYBE 1080.
While playing at maxed settings will give the gpu more work to do, before that, GTA V is a cpu and ram hog. Plus, on 1080p? You still need a strong cpu to keep up with the gpu.

Oct 8, 2018

I have an i7 8th gen, will it help the 3gb vram of the graphics card?

A GTX 1070 is enough to play pretty much ANY modern title at max everything at 1080p, so long as you have a capable CPU and power supply as well.

Honestly, for about 90% of games, even a GTX 1060 will allow that at 1080p with a good CPU. All of which is assuming you have 16GB of RAM, otherwise you may experience some issues depending on the rest of the configuration.

I am sorry, no. A 1060 6 GB is a good budget card that seriously delivers. At 1080p, it will definitely power through most games on the market at high - ultra settings, and will only rarely dip below 60 FPS if the scene is intense, considering rest of the system is top notch as well.

@OP: Like I said, 1070 and above.

^^^Agreed. Like I also said.

A 6GB 1060 is more than enough for most titles at 1080p. With a 1070, I don't see any titles giving you an issue at max everything, especially with a mild overclock sitting on it. Hell, even an overclocked 1060 would likely do that.

TRENDING THREADS