[SOLVED] GTA V using only 20 - 30% GPU

Nov 27, 2019
Hi, I have had a problem ever since i got GTA V and i cant find any help. I would launch GTA V, load the game, then get severe lag. Like 20 - 30 FPS. I would also get texture issues. In all my other games my GPU jumps to 90 - 100% and i get 50 - 80FPS. But GTA V only gets stuck using 20 - 30%. I am really confused. I am 100% sure that its not a bottleneck.Here are the things i've tried:

Resetting CMOS
Reinstalling GPU drivers
Reinstalling GTA V
Moving GTA V to my SSD
Moving it to my 320GB HDD
Setting Graphics settings to lowest.

No matter what i've tried, it just refuses to use all my GPU...

Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core @ 3GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR 3 Memory
GPU: GTX 660 Ti Power Edition
Mobo: Acer Extensa E470
PSU: Corsair CV 450W
Storage: Crucial 500GB 6GB/s SSD, Seagate Momentus 500GB 7200RPM 3GB/s, WD Blue 320GB 7200RPM 3GB/s

Any help is apreciated!

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
I am 100% sure that its not a bottleneck.
GTA V prefers 6 threads for the smoothest experience.
"CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core"(2 threads)

GTA V is known to use more than 8GBs of ram at times, and that's not taking into account the ram the OS uses. Dual channel preferred as well.
"RAM: 8GB DDR 3 Memory"(channel config unknown)

The game is a memory hog and runs smoother with 6-8 cpu threads. It never was very demanding on gpu resources.

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
I am 100% sure that its not a bottleneck.

GTA V is known to use more than 8GBs of ram at times, and that's not taking into account the ram the OS uses. Dual channel preferred as well.

The game is a memory hog and runs smoother with 6-8 cpu threads. It never was very demanding on gpu resources.

Nov 27, 2019

Ima just wait for next month to upgrade my pc then. Getting an i7 8 Core cpu, with 16gb memory and GTX 970. With more storage so, Ehh. GTA will have to wait. I can at least play it on my XBOX

Fiorezy

Great
Jul 3, 2020
Ima just wait for next month to upgrade my pc then. Getting an i7 8 Core cpu, with 16gb memory and GTX 970. With more storage so, Ehh. GTA will have to wait. I can at least play it on my XBOX
Why the 970? I would recommend getting the 1660Ti and if you are short in budget get i5 or R5 3600

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS