GTA: Vice City Removed from Steam Over Music Licensing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]army_ant7[/nom]Very interesting info and I thank you for sharing it. They must've gotten quite the discount on that license then.I don't mean to sound like the bad guy, but if it was explicitly mentioned on the contract/license and they didn't just find some kind of legal loophole to charge them, then I wouldn't think it's greedy. I mean, if Rockstar only paid so much for a license that's limited in that way, then don't you think it's only right for SME to "remind" them about their part of the bargain?I believe that music publishers just pay the talent and have all the rights to the content. Think of how a person having a house made by contractors. The person pays them to build his/her house, but afterwards, the person owns the house, not the contractors.Again, I don't mean to sound like an evil lawyer and stuff, but I just don't want to unfairly look at this issue. I enjoyed Vice City, but I just want justice to prevail. Some of you may talk as if it's wrong or unfair, but when you were in the position of SME, you may know how it would feel like.[/citation]

in their prsition....
OH GOD, WE CANT MAKE A CD COST 20$ ANY MORE AND ONLY HAVE 2 SONGS BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL RIP THOSE SONGS IF WE DONT PUT IT ON ITUNES SEPARABLY
OH GOD OUR PROFITS ARE DOWN, GIVE CEO A RAISE AND SUE FANS
HOLY CRAP ITS NOT WORKING...
look here licensing agreement loophole... SUE THE PEOPLE WHO PAYED US MONEY IN THE TUNE OF $1,137,500,000,000 BECAUSE THE GAME SOLD 17.5 MILLION COPIES AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT EACH 1 SONG COSTS 65000$

sorry for the caps, but i cant imagine them not yelling like this

murzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I liked this game. I still have the disks. When I played this game, I thought I wouldn't need anything more. And then San Andreas came along! I think I will re-install and play it again just to get in the car and drive around in that stylish city.

Status
Not open for further replies.