flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Hi,
I installed GTA3 yesterday, and it was working fine, and even worked well this morning. Then, after a few shutdowns (b/c a system error I kept getting w/ winrar and a corrput file) it wouldn't load. When I dbl click, it looks like it's loading but then nothing happens (I get no gta3 screen or anything- stays at the desktop).
I have XP pro w/ latest updates, DX8.1, T-Bird 1.2Ghz and AD11 mobo, 512DDR, Quadro DCC, 80GB RAID 0. I have tried using the cd's, and even made images of em and mounted onto virtual drives, but to no avail. Plz help as I'm addicted to this game.

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

eden

Champion
Try reinstalling.

I had a similar prob where the game would get to the Load screen but then it would crash or something. I went on Direct Connect and found a fix to the Crash Save problem.

Too bad they can never make succesful ports into PC from console damn it... I think FF8 was the best one so far...

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile:

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Here's the issue- I have to use a modded exe file for gta3 cause otherwise it won't work w/ iso (my bro just loves flinging "fisbees" out my window, and has lost about all my games). Thing is it was working and then it stopped.....

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

eden

Champion
You're telling me you don't have anymore the ISO?

I had a fixed EXE patch, though it requires the CD anyway for music, it won't crash or still persist the wrong CD is entered.

Try reinstalling, get the ISO if you don't have it and put it on CD.

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile:

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I'm saying I had the bought version, but make backups of my games b/c the bros sometimes kill my cd's. The one I'm using now is an iso, but I've tried many things and it won't work (I've tried about 6 different hacked exe's, even w/ reinstalling to no avail). I've given up- I'm just gonna make a partition and install win2k and run it on that and also softice which won't work on XP.

TRENDING THREADS