[SOLVED] Gta5 specs

Dec 17, 2020
I’m wanting to play gta5 on pc for ages, I’ve got (intel duo core 2, 8gb ram, graphics card 512) and 500gb hard drive

Any advice if this will run it or info on what I would have to upgrade to play game

Solution
No, you just need ANY laptop or desktop with at least a new enough CPU for it to be some flavor of quad core, but to be honest even an old core 2 quad would run like piss. If you don't have something at least Intel 4th Gen quad or AMD Ryzen 2000 series quad, at minimum, plus a decent GPU card, then GTA V is probably not an option for you. You might be able to just barely get by with an 8 core FX processor, but I wouldn't count on good frame rates.

What you have now is from 2006, making it 14 years old. You can't expect ANYTHING to run worth a crap on a 14 year old platform, if we're being honest with each other. I realize that it might be all you have, and I certainly understand the financial reality of that for some people, but it...
No, you just need ANY laptop or desktop with at least a new enough CPU for it to be some flavor of quad core, but to be honest even an old core 2 quad would run like piss. If you don't have something at least Intel 4th Gen quad or AMD Ryzen 2000 series quad, at minimum, plus a decent GPU card, then GTA V is probably not an option for you. You might be able to just barely get by with an 8 core FX processor, but I wouldn't count on good frame rates.

What you have now is from 2006, making it 14 years old. You can't expect ANYTHING to run worth a crap on a 14 year old platform, if we're being honest with each other. I realize that it might be all you have, and I certainly understand the financial reality of that for some people, but it doesn't change the fact that the capabilities of hardware that old cannot be honestly utilized for running modern games or applications in way that is meaningful.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS