GTA5 Stutter when getting shot at

G

okay so GTA5 has been running great on my computer when it first came out and I've never had a problem with it until now when I reinstalled it a couple of months after i finished the story and stopped playing. Whenever I get shot at by lets say a cop, the frames drop by like 10 or 20 frames then comes back to normal. I tried messing with some of the settings but it made no difference. I didn't have this problem at all when i first played and finished the game like i said before. I even tried different drivers including the current most up to date driver (355.60) and the GTA5 driver (350.12) and also made no difference. Anyone know whats going on here and why this is happening?

specs
i7 3770k @4.2ghz
gtx 980
Samsung evo SSD
8gb corsair vengeance ram
corsair tx850w psu

G

Happens no matter what setting is used, i put all my spec info in my original post. I have a gtx 980. Also I figured out that this problem is apparently well known.

G

No I don't pirate, if I make a rockstar ticket they'll probably give me basic troubleshooting steps that I've already tried a million times after waiting several days for them to respond to my ticket...which is why I posted here and also on the Steam forums. Also according to the latest patch notes, it claims that they have already resolved this issue, yet so many people are still getting it.