News GTAV Fan Fixes GTA Online's Super Lengthy Load Times

I dont think they will ever change this.
I mean the game has been out for almost 8 years, the problem has been following it since then.
If they didnt fix it in the first 7 years, i dont seem them bothering to fix this now that we should be close to getting GTA VI.

D

Deleted member 14196

I hate rockstar and they’re stupid games and do stupid things for no reason at all. They’re not interested in fixing any bugs either just making money

Reactions: Nestea_Zen
D

Deleted member 14196

it takes forever on an old Xbox One, that's for sure. It's one of the reasons I don't play it anymore. Too sick and tired of waiting to play. Red Dead 2 used to have super long load times, and, at times it still does. R-Star aggravates me to no end. They have made literally billions on GTA-V and STILL this nonsense. They are giving everyone the big fat middle finger

Not sure what potato the guy is running it on, but my laptop just did 2.45 getting into online with all my other work apps open - I'd wager my desktop would be significantly faster. Six minutes - I wouldn't bother to ever play at that.
That's the whole point though!
This game was made for potatoes, it's freaking 7 years old, when this game came out his CPU was way overqualified.
And he did reduce loading times from 6 to less than 2 minutes so the problem isn't with the potato PC it's with the code not running properly.

blader15sk8

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Not sure what potato the guy is running it on, but my laptop just did 2.45 getting into online with all my other work apps open - I'd wager my desktop would be significantly faster. Six minutes - I wouldn't bother to ever play at that.

The source article states he is running it on an AMD FX-8350 with a cheap 120GB SATA SSD. The source article also referenced a poll where it shows he is actually about average for load time, and there are other players that far exceed 6 minutes. That seems absurd!

I never really played the online mode, but I do recall the few times I did load it up (or even single player) it was probably the longest load time of any game in my steam library.

Reactions: jepeman
D

Deleted member 14196

Let me tell you how the decisions are made there. Someone submits a bug and they look at it and say does this stop people from buying gold or game money? And if it doesn’t they do nothing. And that’s rockstar in a nutshell

Reactions: Nestea_Zen
They should do multiplayer like APB Reloaded does it, where all the people are on the map at the same time, but only players active in a match can hurt or kill each other. Others can watch and potentially grief the match, but that's what makes it so GRAND. It all takes place instantly, and there is no load times other than when first loading onto the map.

JonDol

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
This long load time seems to be bad programming and the Rockstar Game Launcher keeps it consistent with this: at every launch one gets the annoying "Installing Rockstar Games Social Club" (while it is, of course, already installed) which seems to follow a complete installation process, instead of a more appropriate "Updating..." or "Checking for updates...".

Just imagine that at every Windows boot up one gets a message "Installing Windows" and then a full/partial installation proceeds...

Reactions: Dj0gany
D

Deleted member 14196

First of all they were forced into supporting online play so I think they did this from the beginning to be jackholes. There were some legal mumbo-jumbo where they had to provide online play back in the day and I’m convinced they do things like this just to give people the middle finger even though this has made them billions of dollars