[SOLVED] GTAV Glitchy

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
Hello,

I was playing GTA one day when my map suddenly unloaded, like in the beginning where you have to discover it. (This is in story mode btw) A few days later, I load the game and see this weird glitch kinda like when your under the map and you see some things but not others, and everything was really low quality. In GTA Online, things were better, but the roads were still really low quality, and other stuff. I did a driver update, and a clean install of the game, but now I have more issues. The thing is that now, whenever I enter fullscreen mode, half of my monitor goes black for no real reason, and I have to restart it to fix it. Someone please help!

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
As a side note I would mention that the "free" version release that came out some months ago was total trash. If you do a search specific to that title and the free version you will see there were a bevy of issues with it. I cannot specifically say what happened, but I also had a load of issue with it and ultimately decided to uninstall as it just wasn't worth being "free" as well as a hassle. I have come to find this to be rather common where it comes to these "free" games....One of the Assasin Creed free titles was messed up (sound) as well.

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
Does this happen with any other games? From where did you get GTA? What source?

Epic Games, I got it for the free promotion a couple months ago. It was working fine up until a week ago, my first red flag was in task manager. The game had stopped showing that the gpu was being taxed at all, but instead taxing my cpu with 80-90% loads. My gpu was still heating up though, meaning that it was definitely some software bug.

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
As a side note I would mention that the "free" version release that came out some months ago was total trash. If you do a search specific to that title and the free version you will see there were a bevy of issues with it. I cannot specifically say what happened, but I also had a load of issue with it and ultimately decided to uninstall as it just wasn't worth being "free" as well as a hassle. I have come to find this to be rather common where it comes to these "free" games....One of the Assasin Creed free titles was messed up (sound) as well.

Ironically, I got the free version on epic games.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
There are no different versions, they all load up the rockstar launcher and they all get updated the same.
Understood. Are you confirming that the aforementioned "free" version is pirated?

Ah, I see.

I would suggest uninstalling the game and completely re-installing.

Last edited:

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
Understood. Are you confirming that the aforementioned "free" version is pirated?

Ah, I see.

I would suggest uninstalling the game and completely re-installing.

tried that already, no dice. I figured out how to kind of fix it, but there are still so many issues that it didn't really fix anything. For starters, now my cpu is being taxed heavily like at 80% while my gpu isn't really doing much, although it is heating up. Also, the black screen glitch still happens a ton.