GTAV Texture and objects flashing in and out of existance

GTAV_PopinGlitch

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
I was playing GTAV at high/very high settings today which for some reason helped my game run from the usual 30fps to a nice 50-60 fps. Unfortunately, after some time I noticed some bad freezing every 1-3 seconds and after a restart the game now experiences the dreaded popin glitch to which many things around me pop in and out of existence while things like road textures load at EXTREMELY load quality and disappear. All while my framrate stays steady between 50-60 with very little drop besides minor studdering (which I believe is part of the unloading reloading glitch city)

The problem looks like this (not my footage but same problem):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0C37sEaMK4

So far I tried several things such as:

1. Changed GTAV to high priority in REGEDIT

2. Used Cache booster

3. Turned texture quality down to high from very high to reduce vid mem

3. Changed CPU overclock from manual to auto

4. Defragmented my hardrive

5. Also I tried distance scaling to max

SPECS:

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 950 2GB (FTW)
CPU: AMD FX 6300 6-Core (Overclocked from 3.5Ghz to 4.2Ghz)
RAM: Kingston 2x 4GB

(Also I am using my old dell optiplex 755 hard drive (697gb space) when I upgraded to my current setup)

HDD: SEAGATE ST3750640NS ATA Device

Have you tried going into task manager>details>GTA V.exe> and setting priority to high?
My friends and I would have issues where driving at high speeds the building would drop in res, then the roads would disappear. This fixed it for us (must be redone every time you play)

GTAV_PopinGlitch

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017

I ran GTAV a day after the problem started and I noticed that the problem from before is a lot more tame. However, there are still issues. I am now experiencing stuttering every 1-5 seconds when I drive down the city and I also notice that whenever I look at a new objects, the object's spawn time is slightly delayed and I can see it popping in every time I look away and look back at an object such as the side of a building or a streetlight etc. I still manage to stay at very good frame rate despite all of this. So while this was happening I noticed that changing the REGEDIT file didn't auto set the game to High Priority so I tabbed out and changed it. Unfortunately setting it to High Priority didn't make the problem any better. :/

TRENDING THREADS