GTS 250 problems

sixstring88

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I have a PNY Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 graphics card which has run extremely well since the beginning of last year, however after moving to a new case has been having issues like running at high temps. I don't think the case change had anything to do with it but I'm not sure. I try to be super careful handling my computer (I guess ya never know but still). I also upgraded the driver since it had been awhile since I had last done that. I also use air duster on my pc constantly and I realized my top fans were sucking in air and since I have a side and front one doing that I flipped them to exhaust the air (I also have the standard back of the case fan that exhausts it) but it still is running kinda high even on idle (or at least higher than before). It is running about 45 celsius now and also I dunno if it is suppose to but it is running at full speed all the time (not the fan, the clocks) and I dunno if that's normal or not. Please give me input on this and if that is bad and if so what I need to do..

sixstring88

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I should probably mention the 45 celsius is on idle and it got up to 70 on load with the stock clock settings, and OCCT and ATITOOL said there were 70,000 thousand errors or something like that within about 20 seconds of testing. The graphics and textures start to pop up on games after playing for a little bit when it gets into the high 60 or 70s.