Gtx 1030 compatible with Lenovo MAHOBAY motherboard

Apr 6, 2018
Hi i was just thinking of upgrading my pc but i wanted to know if the gtx 1030 is compatible with the Lenovo MAHOBAY motherboard

-Thanks!

Solution

The card will fit fine as long as it is a low-profile card. Most GT 1030 are.
I recently upgraded a Lenovo SFF PC with the Gigabyte card.

Which Lenovo do you have? I was assuming yours was SFF.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yes. The slot isn't low profile (it's a normal slot), but it sounds like the case that the motherboard is in limits the card format a to low-profile format. Sounds like you have a Lenovo SFF computer.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yes, that card is compatible. But keep in mind that gfx cards w/o a cooling fan rely on plenty of natural air flow around the heat sink for cooling. Small case like SFF PCs don't have much of that. The card could get pretty hot under max loads. I'd rather see a gfx card with a cooling fan in a case like that.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Not much room in that small SFF case to place a fan, or where to plug it into. And the cost of the case fan would add as much to the total cost as just buying a GT 1030 like this one that has a fan. But that's your decision.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Basically, yes. Don't forget to move the video cable from the motherboard port (where it is probably plugged into now) to the gfx card's port. Be sure the gxf card you get has the correct output port for the monitor connection you're using; i.e. HDMI, DVI, Displayport, VGA...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yes. That's the same one I put in my Lenovo SFF PC. (Ignore the slot fan sitting next to the gfx card. It came with the computer and is totally not needed, except for the fact that the PC reports an error message when it boots if the fan isn't plugged in. So, I left it in the slot)