[SOLVED] GTX 1050 2gb issues on fps

Jan 18, 2020
Hi there I have been having difficulty with my geforce gtx1050 2gb. I have been trying to run minecraft and rust but i have very low frames on minecraft it drops to 5fps and on the rust loading screen it drops from 3 -50 sometimes to 100 and on the actual game itself 20 -30. I have 16gb ddr2 memory and the processor is AMD A4 - 7300 APU with Raedon HD Graphics
I open up task manager with game running and it is only utilizing below 20% of gpu with cpu running always at 99%. I have every game and nvidia option to minimal and it still doesn't run well with frame drops. I know Rust is quite a demanding game but im not certain on why everything is so slow (I am also a very big tech noob). I believe it has something to do with the processor and its onboard graphics card.

If someone can help I would be very appreciative.
Any questions on specs and so on feel free to ask

Solution
AMD A4 - 7300 APU with Raedon HD Graphics
For Rust:
That's a HARD cpu limitation right there. Simply not strong enough for that game. Good on ram though(hopefully it's dual channel).

For Minecraft:
Minecraft is likely running on the A4-7300's Igpu.
The game seems to do that by default. You'll need to make changes in Nvidia Control Panel's program settings to force the game to run on the gpu - it's still mostly cpu bound though.

I have every game and nvidia option to minimal and it still doesn't run well with frame drops.
That's going backwards. Lowering settings lightens the gpu's workload and increases the cpu's - and if it's already full anyways...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
AMD A4 - 7300 APU with Raedon HD Graphics
For Rust:
That's a HARD cpu limitation right there. Simply not strong enough for that game. Good on ram though(hopefully it's dual channel).

For Minecraft:
Minecraft is likely running on the A4-7300's Igpu.
The game seems to do that by default. You'll need to make changes in Nvidia Control Panel's program settings to force the game to run on the gpu - it's still mostly cpu bound though.

I have every game and nvidia option to minimal and it still doesn't run well with frame drops.
That's going backwards. Lowering settings lightens the gpu's workload and increases the cpu's - and if it's already full anyways...

Solution
Unfortunately the a4 isn't a strong cpu. The 1050 is fairly weak also. You need to do as the previous poster said and turn up your gpu settings and maybe it will run a little better. Honestly, you probably should consider an entire system upgrade. At least a newer CPU/board/ram.