Question GTX 1050 Not being registered in Device Manager, BIOS, etc.

Feb 2, 2019
I recently just returned my 2080, since i didn't have the right components for it, and I decided to put in my old GTX 1050 just so I could play with my friend for a little bit. When I put it in, I realized that my pc was using my cpu's integrated graphics. This surprised me, so I did everything that I knew of, looked up articles on it, updated windows, updated bios, basically did anything that I could find. But still nothing. Then I used the display driver uninstaller, because i thought that would work. But then it uninstalled everything-including integrated graphics-now I can't do anything except browse on my pc. I really need some help on this.
Also, when I download a new nvidia driver, it says that I don't have the right version of windows for it. I've checked what version i'm on, and updated it, etc. but still it won't install any drivers. it's as if I don't even have the 1050 in my system at all.

Feb 2, 2019
if you plug the monitor to the gpu and not the motherboard output, it will use the gpu.

and what version of windows?
That's exactly my problem, it's like I don't even have a 1050 in my system when I do. When I plug the HDMI into the gpu, my screen goes black and nothing happens. then when I go to the motherboard HDMI port it works.

My version of windows is Version 1809.