[SOLVED] Gtx 1050 not detected or installing

LordAspectra

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
I got a gtx 1050 today and when I set it up everything worked fine and it was detected through geforce experience, it downloaded drivers and worked well in games but I couldn't access nvidia control panel cause it wasn't the latest version. The latest game ready update through geforce experience or manual installation didnt work so I uninstalled the card but now the card doesnt get detected and the drivers dont install..

Solution
I tried the DDU and the administrator method and neither worked so I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled windows. Upon the first reboot my drivers were installed to the latest version with nvidia control panel. SOLVED

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include the specs to your system. Include the age of the PSU and you're advised to install the drivers manually.

On another note, you're also advised to use DDU to uninstall the drivers from past and then remove the older GPU from the system prior to installing the new GPU and it's relevant drivers. When asked to install the drivers manually, you should install it in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

LordAspectra

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
I tried the DDU and the administrator method and neither worked so I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled windows. Upon the first reboot my drivers were installed to the latest version with nvidia control panel. SOLVED

Solution