GTX 1050 not working with a hdmi to vga converter

Feb 2, 2019
Hello, so I bought a new GTX 1050, it's an upgrade from an old GT 730, And my monitor doesn't use hdmi and the graphics card doesn't have a VGA slot. So I bought an i-rock HDMI to VGA Adapter and still didn't work. So I tried using a different Samsung SF355 LED monitor and still didnt work. My main monitor that it didn't work on Is a Compaq p1100. So what should I do? Is there any solution besides buying a new monitor?

Feb 2, 2019

Well I didn't buy it online, I bought it from a store nearby, but I found it online, here's the link.
https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/i-rock-hdmi-to-vga-card-converter-white-9298765/i/

Btw I forgot to say, It came with an extra white cable that could be plugged into the VGA adapter, but then after that I didn't know where to plug it in my PC, It looked something like a headphone jack so it only fit at the sound holes in my PC. Maybe that has to do something with it not working, Idk.

well from your description, u got VGA to HDMI adapter (not HDMI to VGA)
this means:
HDMI side should be connected to your monitor/TV
VGA side should be connected to your PC
that small hole should be connected with your soundcard
that way u can send your analog video + sound to HDMI capable device
doesnt work other way around
return it if u dont need it, and get real HDMI to VGA adapter

Feb 2, 2019

Sorry, I meant to say HDMI to VGA.

check your current cable, one side should have some small icon with square surronded by lines
cq5dam.web.1000.1000.jpeg

if it looks like this, (icon is on VGA side), then this adapter should work

Feb 2, 2019

Yeah it has that

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The description says it has a USB connector at one end, not a video connector. Is that a misprint?