Gtx 1050 on hewlett-packard 304bh

antalpaul205

Prominent
Aug 31, 2017
Hello, I was wondering if a gigabyte gtx 1050 would work on my hewlett-packard 304bh motherboard, my pe meets all the requirements but I am afraid that it might not fit.

Solution
It would help to know what specific HP model you have AND the form factor(ie mini tower/desktop/small form factor). That's because these kinds of computers can be configured in many ways. Simply knowing the motherboard isn't enough. One thing to know, the 1156 socket pre-dates the widespread use of the UEFI bios, which the new Nvidia cards tend to require. Some pre-built computers may also have bios limitations where videocard upgrades are concerned, among other reasons because the motherboard might not provide a standard 75W of power.
It would help to know what specific HP model you have AND the form factor(ie mini tower/desktop/small form factor). That's because these kinds of computers can be configured in many ways. Simply knowing the motherboard isn't enough. One thing to know, the 1156 socket pre-dates the widespread use of the UEFI bios, which the new Nvidia cards tend to require. Some pre-built computers may also have bios limitations where videocard upgrades are concerned, among other reasons because the motherboard might not provide a standard 75W of power.

Solution