[SOLVED] GTX 1050 Ti fake??

Sep 11, 2019
A few days ago i bought a pc with the following specs:
Gtx 1050 ti
i5-4460S 2.9GHZ
8gb ddr3 ram(I forgot the clock speed)
400w psu
1tb hdd+128 gb ssd
Here is my problem: I tried out fortnite,CSGO and pubg lite on my new pc. i noticed that i was getting at least 20 or 30 fps less then i should have according to many benchmarking vids that i watched. my gpu drivers are updated and so are my BIOS. I looked at power saving settings and they were set at high performance. Finally I used the program called GPU-Z.
I suddenly saw that it said my GPU was fake.
Now i wanted to know if it is just a false positive or actually fake. i searched around and it said to open my pc check the gpu. i wanted to confirm that there arent any other ways to check if my gpu is real. if there arent any more ways then i will proceed to open it.

Last edited:
Solution
A lot of times the "manufacturers" of these cards don't even try to hide it's a fake, so if it has a VGA port on it then it's fake for sure.

10-series GTX do not support analog outputs at all
Sep 11, 2019
Hello everyone! thx for your replies. i went back to the shop from where i bought the gpu and it turned out that it was actually fake. the seller was oblivious to this fact. when they put in another 1050 ti then it didnt show up as fake and games were now getting fps like the benchmarking vids that i saw.