[SOLVED] GTX 1050 TI issue

Oct 5, 2020
Hey guys, i’m not so tech savy and so i wanted to get a budget gaming pc so i bought a optiplex 990DT along with a 1050ti.
the first problem started when i realized i had a vga monitor that wasnt compatible so when i started windows it said the gpu wasnt compatible and i had to get an adapter, i went to buy an hdmi to vga adapter, i plugged it into the card and it was starting windows normally, i got to the desktop then after a few minutes the image was gone black Just like that randomly, i restarted the pc just to find out that when it tried to load the desktop again as soon as it finally loaded, the image Vanished no matter if i turned on and off the monitor Again..it just lost the image For good, same thing happened the 3rd and 4rd time, any suggestions? Would kindly appreciate any help
i5-2400
6 gb ram

Solution
HDMI is not exactly a new standard anymore; I bought a 1080p monitor back in 2008 that had HDMI. If the monitor you have doesn't support HDMI and doesn't work well when using an adapter, I recommend a modern yet inexpensive 1080p monitor (can be found for less than $100). If you have a bit more money to spend, a cheap gaming monitor that is g-sync compatible would be even better as it'll help when your frame rate drops below 60 frames per second (likely to happen with a 1050 Ti).
HDMI is not exactly a new standard anymore; I bought a 1080p monitor back in 2008 that had HDMI. If the monitor you have doesn't support HDMI and doesn't work well when using an adapter, I recommend a modern yet inexpensive 1080p monitor (can be found for less than $100). If you have a bit more money to spend, a cheap gaming monitor that is g-sync compatible would be even better as it'll help when your frame rate drops below 60 frames per second (likely to happen with a 1050 Ti).

Solution