GTX 1050 ti not outputting hdmi signal

lukedams243

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Hello everyone, I recently built my pc from the ground up and everything seems to be working fine. Only problem is that when I plug a HDMI cable into the gpu, it doesn't output a signal to my monitor. My motherboard doesn't have any type of display port and seems to be fully compatible with the gpu. It is a Gigabyte 990x-gaming SLI. I have 8 GB of ddr3 ram and an AMD FX8320 black edition 8 core and an evga 430w psu. I've plugged the monitor into another pc and plugged my computer into a TV with a hdmi port and it's not the monitor that is the problem.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Which monitor? Are you running to an HDMI port on the monitor, or using some kind of adapter along the way?

Have you cleared your CMOS? You're sure you're connected to the GPU and not the HDMI port on the motherboard?

Not the best PSU in the world, but should be capable enough to at least post.

lukedams243

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
I've tried both pcie slots on the motherboard and neither work
The mother board doesn't have on board graphics so the only hdmi slot is on the gpu and how would I clear the CMOS

Nov 26, 2018
May be the resolution in HDMI got changed. Try connecting a 2nd monitor using VGA, Display Port or DVI port, Install and open NVIDIA control panel and check if you can see the HDMI monitor. If you can see it, change to lower resolution.
I had the same issue, my HDMI port was set to 4K something. Good Luck