GTX 1050 TI overclock

Feb 8, 2019
I have a Zotac GTX 1050 TI ( yes i am aware this is a very outdated card, going to upgrade to the RTX 2060 when i can) and i am very new to overclocking. i have read a few threads about overclocking this card and it seems most people are able to push it to about +200-220 MHz in MSI afterburner without crashing, however when i try this (yes with the same memory clock as the posts +1000 MHz) i canèt seem to get past +145 MHz without crashing.. did i lose the silicone lottery? :(

The only power that card has is the 75W from the PCIe slot. It's a 75W card to start with. It may be that the MB can't provide the extra power for the OC. I would quit while you're ahead. You won't hurt the GPU. But the PCIe components on the MB may not have thermal protection.

Feb 8, 2019

This was my original fear, although GPU temps seem to be well within acceptable (max recorded temp was 64c) i know this temp is just the GPU but i physically took my system apart to check the temp of the PCIe ports adn they do not seem to be giving off heat ( i know not exactly professional) however my MB is an overclocking board from ASUS. thoughts?