[SOLVED] GTX 1050 Ti temp levels, while playing Witcher 3

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Hi, can I learn what is the safe temp levels for gtx 1050 ti 4GB? its a MSI card and while playing Witcher 3 in medium settings reaches to 45c-50c, is this normal temp for this card? I also increase my fan speed in MSI afterburner to %50 but that seemed did so little to cool down the temp.

Witcher 3 Hild Hunt - 1280x720
30 fps limited
Shadow quality: low
NVIDIA features: off
Texture Quality: medium
Detail level Medium
Water quality: low
background characters: medium
Grass: Medium
Terrain quality: medium

I played around these settings and I have found no difference between low and medium. What are the normal/safe temps for gtx 1050 ti?

Solution
The safe temps for 1000 series is up to around 90C, since the stock limitation on temperature is 85C.
40-50*C for MSI Gaming is pretty normal.
You dont have to limit fps, just let the card run it wont overheat nor kill itself since the GPU's will throttle itself down.

Which card model do you have exactly? Some do have 0 fan mode up to 60C and then it will ramp up fans after they go above 60C.
The safe temps for 1000 series is up to around 90C, since the stock limitation on temperature is 85C.
40-50*C for MSI Gaming is pretty normal.
You dont have to limit fps, just let the card run it wont overheat nor kill itself since the GPU's will throttle itself down.

Which card model do you have exactly? Some do have 0 fan mode up to 60C and then it will ramp up fans after they go above 60C.

Solution

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I removed my previous reply because it was too much text that I put, and I do not want to bore anyone with my crap. so I made a short version instead.

MSI Afterburner shows on GUI its 83c is max temperature for my card, this is not a MSI Gaming card but its just MSI brand, but I guess its same thing.
Perhaps I'm worrying too much about my hardware, besides, any energy hardware can get broken at any time right?

I will continue watch my temps as I play games especially The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, I read on Internet now this specific game is very demanding on system resources,
especially GPU. I will come back here if my GPU/CPU temps reaches above 60c, and will ask additional help. Thanks

crapyahmad

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
Hi, can I learn what is the safe temp levels for gtx 1050 ti 4GB? its a MSI card and while playing Witcher 3 in medium settings reaches to 45c-50c, is this normal temp for this card? I also increase my fan speed in MSI afterburner to %50 but that seemed did so little to cool down the temp.

Witcher 3 Hild Hunt - 1280x720
30 fps limited
Shadow quality: low
NVIDIA features: off
Texture Quality: medium
Detail level Medium
Water quality: low
background characters: medium
Grass: Medium
Terrain quality: medium

I played around these settings and I have found no difference between low and medium. What are the normal/safe temps for gtx 1050 ti?
A 1050Ti can have an average of 70 C with no problems and try putting the fps limit to 60 because the card can handle it

TRENDING THREADS