GTX 1050 Ti wont display image

PG13TheGoat

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
Hello I am new to pc's so please bear with me I have gotten tired of Xbox's shitty service and decided to build me a pc here's my build

Tower: Solo-T1-R
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-H110MA (Bios is F20)
RAM : 1 x 8 Avexir
Power Supply: EVGA 500B
CPU: Intel i3-6100
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
Hard Drive: 1TB Western Digital
Monitor: Phillips HDTV

So here's the problem I checked pc part picker to make sure everything is compatible and it was so I went and bought all the parts and starting installing them everything went fine I was able to install windows and everything but when I try to connect my GPU with hdmi I just get a blank screen but the thing is when I turn off my computer and turn it back on I can still hear the windows sound when you boot up windows (I am using windows 7) so I decided to use onboard graphics and check device manager and my GPU isn't listed in display adapter I bought a DisplayPort cable to see if any changes but nothing I ordered a DVI cable to see if that would work I also made sure my bios was set to PCIE Slot 1 I am stumped if anyone can help that would be awesome I also uninstalled Intel drivers as well

Solution
Does the iGPU work with the gfx card still in the slot? If so, and if the gfx card doesn't show up in Device Manager, I'd be inclined to think the card is defective. Not very common, but possible. You didn't add an extra standoff that wasn't needed, did you. I was thinking it may be shorting out the back of the board near the PCIe x16 slot.

If all else fails, remove the board from the case and set it on an insulated surface (like the box it came in). Hook it up in breadboard fashion; connect just the CPU/cooler, memory, gxf card, KB, PSU, monitor. Start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the power button would connect to. See if you get a display. If not I would consider the card bad... or the slot bad. Having...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There should be no compatibility issues with that gfx card and your motherboard. Is the card seated fully? Does it require a 6-pin connection? Which model 1050 ti is it?
I presume you know to plug the monitor's video cable into the card and not the iGPU.

PG13TheGoat

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017

the card it self doesnt have no power cable it gets its power from the pci slot from what i heard, the model is a MSI Geforce gtx 1050 ti 4gb OC Edition I made sure it's fully seated I heard a little click when seating the card and yes I plugged the cable into the card not the motherboard

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Does the iGPU work with the gfx card still in the slot? If so, and if the gfx card doesn't show up in Device Manager, I'd be inclined to think the card is defective. Not very common, but possible. You didn't add an extra standoff that wasn't needed, did you. I was thinking it may be shorting out the back of the board near the PCIe x16 slot.

If all else fails, remove the board from the case and set it on an insulated surface (like the box it came in). Hook it up in breadboard fashion; connect just the CPU/cooler, memory, gxf card, KB, PSU, monitor. Start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the power button would connect to. See if you get a display. If not I would consider the card bad... or the slot bad. Having someone with another PC that would let you test the card in, would be nice too.

Solution