Gtx 1050 vs 1650- not gaming

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Hey guys,

Looking at some.laptops with newest i7-9750h and actually saw some paired with an old gtx 1050.
I use 4k monitor, but nothing graphic intense,.mostly virtual machines and bunch of non graphic programs. I do some Adobe Photoshop and very little work editing movies, so I don't mind if I need to let computer do its thing once in a blue moon.

Ao does new 1650 gtx help with 4k office environment? My guess is a that it doesn't.

How are differences in power consumption and heating? Would there be any other benefit for overall computer performance. Or better to save specially if there are no imporvements in sense that if 1650 is more hot and uses more enegry seems that I shouldn't go for it

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Well, laptop version of GTX 1650 is much better than laptop version of GTX 1050,
comparison: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compa...Nvidia-GTX-1650-Mobile-Max-Q/m211022vsm790279

Given the improved performance, GTX 1650 will do better in 4K office environment than GTX 1050. As far as the power consumption and heat goes, that's really hard for me to tell since different laptop manufacturers (HP, Dell, Lenovo) have their own different solutions for this. E.g same spec HP laptop may run cooler but hotter than same spec Dell laptop.