Gtx 1050ti egpu

SEbberson

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
I want a Gtx 1050ti graphis card. Will it work with a experience gdc beast v8.0 egpu dock? And if not can you recommend me a graphicall card

Solution

He means 20% performance, due to the bandwidth only being x1, as opposed to a more conventional x16 or x8 PCIe. That being said, it totally depends on the GPU and the programs you are running as well. What are your laptop specs? If you have optimus technology (Intel integrated GPU and dedicated nvidia gpu combination) you will be able to take advantage of optimus compression which can give up to 300% more performance over mini PCIe. Honestly, I don't see whats so bad about it seeing as the eGPU dock will set you back less than $50 US and the gfx card you can just pop into another rig if you need to.

jakubek160

Respectable
May 22, 2017
First of all sir. Why do you want to invest in a egpu for a laptop if you can make a great build for the price. Think about building a new pc insted of giving your money into that. Also you lose about 20% with this dock. :)

Jasiek95

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017

He means 20% performance, due to the bandwidth only being x1, as opposed to a more conventional x16 or x8 PCIe. That being said, it totally depends on the GPU and the programs you are running as well. What are your laptop specs? If you have optimus technology (Intel integrated GPU and dedicated nvidia gpu combination) you will be able to take advantage of optimus compression which can give up to 300% more performance over mini PCIe. Honestly, I don't see whats so bad about it seeing as the eGPU dock will set you back less than $50 US and the gfx card you can just pop into another rig if you need to.

Solution

Jasiek95

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
An EXP GDC Beast v8 should work over mini PCIe. In theory all laptops with a mini PCIe port should work with the dock but there are certain laptops where this hasn't been the case. Kind of 'hit and miss' with eGPUs especially when you'll be the first to test it out.

123mi

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
my exp gdc dock turns off after inserting graphic card. It turns on and the green light is on when graphic card is not inserted. But when I Insert graphic card the green light blinks for half second and dock turns off. PLS HELP