Question GTX 1050TI fans are never spinning

ptK47

Prominent
Dec 3, 2019
Today my new parts came in (CPU,mobo, ram and case) so it was time to upgrade my old pc. Everything went smooth and upon booting up the system for the first time I noticed that the fans are not spinning (even under heavy load +70C). GPU is working fine in terms of display. Even on startup the fans are not spinning at all which is weird.
Here is the list of what I tried to do:
  1. Rebuild the system again.
  2. Checked 14 times that all cables are connected (Yes, I counted)
  3. Unplugged and plugged again GPU
  4. Cleaned GPU using compressed air.
  5. Checked fan control cables
  6. Checked if the fans are working on their own (I connected them to 12V, they were working fine)
  7. I think I have updated everything I could.
  8. Used MSI Afterburner to 'force' spinning
  9. Restarted bios
Its been 6 hours and I have no idea what else I can do.. Fans were working perfectly before I changed the case, cpu, mobo and ram.

Specs:
  • CPU: i5 9400f
  • GPU: Palit GTX 1050Ti 4gb DUAL OC
  • MOBO: MSI B360M PRO-VDH
  • Ram: HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2666MHz
  • PSU: Corsair VS550 (550W)

woot

Distinguished
to rule out any problems with your system, install another video card and see if fans spin.

to rule out any problems with your video card, install it into another computer and see if fans spin.

it a bit of a long shot, but it will let you get a cleared picture of the problem,

btw, the 1050ti does not use any power connectors right?, it runs solely of the PCIe lane?

ptK47

Prominent
Dec 3, 2019
to rule out any problems with your system, install another video card and see if fans spin.

to rule out any problems with your video card, install it into another computer and see if fans spin.

it a bit of a long shot, but it will let you get a cleared picture of the problem,

btw, the 1050ti does not use any power connectors right?, it runs solely of the PCIe lane?

It is using 6 pin connector. The card was working +- 24h ago in my old mobo.