[SOLVED] GTX 1050ti in a Dell Optiplex 9020

Jul 29, 2021
I am thinking of getting a Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF. It had an i7 and 8gb ram. I need to upgrade the GPU though. I have looked at a low profile GTX 1050. I am wondering if this will work, run and be able to play games like Minecraft. Thankyou.

Solution
Finding a low profile video card unless you already have it isn't a problem normally, but right now with GPUs so hard to find at all at a good price I wouldn't bother with a SFF computer. Not to mention the power supply isn't going to be a regular ATX so you'd be super limited on replacements and it'll most likely be old enough that to add any legit GPU you'll want a better one. Skip it and find the same in a full ATX size.
Finding a low profile video card unless you already have it isn't a problem normally, but right now with GPUs so hard to find at all at a good price I wouldn't bother with a SFF computer. Not to mention the power supply isn't going to be a regular ATX so you'd be super limited on replacements and it'll most likely be old enough that to add any legit GPU you'll want a better one. Skip it and find the same in a full ATX size.

Solution