GTX 1050ti Problems

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018
I have a Corsair 270r case with a ASRock H310M-HDV Motherboard with a GTX 1050ti and it just doesn’t seem to fit, i’m confident that the parts are compatible (this is my first build and i’m having severe troubles)

Solution
I did some digging around. BIOS config can cause it too. Set these.

Security > Secure boot > Disabled

Advanced > Chipset > Primary Graphics > PCI-E

Now, Save BIOS, shut down, try installing 1050Ti again.

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

I got It to fit just a stupid error of mine, the main problem now is that the GPU fans are spinning but it's not detected I have 450 PSU and the GPU says that the minimum amount is 300w so it should be enough power. There is no PCI Slot as it runs off the mother board, in the bios settings there is no setting to enable it as the main graphic option. I have no clue what to do. Some people say that my CPU pin may be bent but if that was the case wouldn't the motherboard HDMI output not work? Should I try a VGA cable, it probably wont make a difference, but it is worth a shot. DO you have any suggestions?

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

Do you have any other suggestions?

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Do you have any other suggestions?
Reinstall latest Nvidia drivers. (install if you don't have)
Try another port/cable.
Test on another PC. It rules out every problem you might have
bios settings there is no setting to enable it as the main graphic option.
Does your BIOS detect the GPU? There should be a section for all parts connected. If it does, that's good. If it doesn't, you have to take it out and install it again. Also, BIOS calls it PCI-E (Dedicated, Discrete, ...) when selecting preferred output.

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

When I plug the HDMI cable into the GPU I get a error on my monitor saying"No Signal" But when I plug it into the Motherboard HDMI it works like a normal computer everything works fine, but I want the GPU for better gaming performance

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

I wish I had another PC to try it on but I don't I could try a VGA cable but I doubt it'll work, but it's worth a shot. NVIDIA drivers don't work Like I said it says it doesn't detect the GPU (Didn't Meet The System Requirements)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you can plug the cable into the MB port and get a display while the GTX 1050 Ti is in its slot, then the card isn't making good contact, or the card or slot is bad. Normally, when the BIOS sees a video card in the PCIe x16 slot, it disables integrated video.

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

I have tried everything, I even forced my drivers to install by changing the settings in NVIDIA, but when installing it froze and didn't respond, there is no PCI slot in my GPU, I just ordered a new one with a PCI slot though so ill see how that goes.

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

There is no integrated graphics it's just called Microsoft Display Adapter, I ordered an ASUS 1050ti and it arrives tomorrow then i'll find out if the works. I think my other one just came faulty? should I send it back..?

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

Okay, so I got my new GPU today (ASUS GEFORCE GTX 1050ti) Boom same problem no display and this time the fans start for a couple of second and then stop...

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

Yeh man still doesn't work, just no display, pretty sad I dont know what to do

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

Yes, I do have a couple of friends but they live like across the city though, but I can give it a go, i'll ask today, like I got my intergrated graphics to work, there not to bad can run fortnite 120 frames, but other games do have troubles, I think it might be my MOBO just because I got two GTX 1050ti's on one of them the fans spin but on the other one it doesn't and they both get no signal. But then again my MOBO HDMI does work, so Im confused, Maybe it's a faulty PSU??

atiqx

Prominent
Aug 29, 2018

Yes, I run 120fps on 1024x768 100 3d resolution low settings with an iGPU, its pretty crazy but I have wasted money on two GPU's, I dont even get a signal, I dont know what to do...