Question GTX 1050Ti red pixels then black screen

May 18, 2019
Hi,
Recently i was on my pc then suddenly some red pixels appears on my screen, they are moving when i move the cursor, i restarded my pc and it was gone, after that i launched fortnite then bom the pixels have filled my screen, 10 seconds after, the pc crashes and i got a blue screen.
I tried several solutions such as :
Re-installing gpu drivers and updating them
removing gpu from device manager (it works even my hdmi is connect to my gpu but i cant use my card)
I can use my pc in safe mode but is my gpu dead ? How can i fix this problem ? My gpu is 2 months old and im dissapointed i need serious help please😥
Maybe if i try to do a clean windows install ?
Or downgrade to windows 7 ?
{Sorry for my bad english}

May 18, 2019
List FULL PC specs. Which POWER supply unit are using for this GPU ? Does your motherboard has support for integrated/onboard graphics ? What was the GPU TEMP when the crash happened ?
Thanks for the reply,
My specs are :
I5 3570k 3.8Ghz
An integrated hp motherboard (old simple ones)
Yes my motherboard support integrated/onboard graphics
I use a 400W power supply
the GPU temp was normal and my gpu has never experience overheating and its never overclocked, its a 3 months old gpu
10GB RAM DDR3
2 HDD 500GB
Is 400W enough to carry all these components or should i upgrade it ?
Because i saw people saying that not enough power may cause CPU/GPU crashes
+ I dont have a warranty for my Graphic card even if it's new 😶😞

Last edited:
May 18, 2019
Okay i'll attach a pic when i come back home, but i have to inform you that the crash happened when i updated windows then runned fortnite, may it be the cause of uncompatible/unstable drivers ?

Here is a photo of my psu
https://ibb.co/jW9C1pF

Delta Electronics ? That looks like a Generic low-end PSU. Poor quality unit. I won't recommend you to use this particular power supply for any Gaming RIG. I can't say for sure that your current GPU is dead or faulty, but this particular PSU might also damage some PC components in the long run.

Replace this unit ASAP. Re-test the GPU by using some other decent high quality PSU brand and make. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency, or even a wrecked system.

I dont have a warranty for my Graphic card even if it's new

Why is that so ?? A brand new card without any Warranty ? Which BRAND is it, the current GTX 1050 Ti GPU ?

May 18, 2019
Delta Electronics ? That looks like a Generic low-end PSU. Poor quality unit. I won't recommend you to use this particular power supply for any Gaming RIG. I can't say for sure that your current GPU is dead or faulty, but this particular PSU might also damage some PC components in the long run.

Replace this unit ASAP. Re-test the GPU by using some other decent high quality PSU brand and make. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency, or even a wrecked system.

Why is that so ?? A brand new card without any Warranty ? Which BRAND is it, the current GTX 1050 Ti GPU ?

thanks bro, i really appreciate your help
i tried a clean install of windows, i replaced windows 10 with 7, and GPU worked perfectly fine, but things started to happen again and the issue respawned, and it seems to be like the 400W psu is enough to carry my specs, as the other users experience using the same PSU with an RX 570 and a I7 cpu was good, so it might be something related to my monitor, its an old TV-like screen, so i might try replace it, and check if the issue is gone.
Sometime my gpu works and i can use it perfectly fine when playing, but sometime the problem happens suddenly
again, thanks bro for your help it means a lot to me

It has nothing to do with your screen as the blue screen is a clear indication that there is something faulty within your tower.

My bet is the GPU but the PSU is certainly a very good reason to be worried about. It does not matter that in someone else's pc it could handle the components. You have to take into consideration the aging factor of the unit along with the quality which is mediocre at best.

Even if it turns out that the GPU is the problem, I would suggest you buy a new reputable PSU to avoid any future power problems.

May 18, 2019
It has nothing to do with your screen as the blue screen is a clear indication that there is something faulty within your tower.

My bet is the GPU but the PSU is certainly a very good reason to be worried about. It does not matter that in someone else's pc it could handle the components. You have to take into consideration the aging factor of the unit along with the quality which is mediocre at best.

Even if it turns out that the GPU is the problem, I would suggest you buy a new reputable PSU to avoid any future power problems.
Thanks for the answer,
I tried my GPU on my friend pc an it has done the same glitches and artifacts then crash and 'no signal' , so its seems like the GPU is faulty, i don't have RMA; should i try to fix it by myself using heat or bake method ?
After analyzing the artifacts it looks like It's the main chip on my video card which does the actual drawing.

I'd change the PSU first and then check if the problems still happen.

You're focusing on the wrong thing here. Just because it's "400W", it does not mean it will be delivering the correct amount of power to the components that need it. PSUs are more complex than what people thinks and each connector from the PSU has a different amperage and voltage rating. All of that adds up to what the PSU's power rating amounts, but if the combination of those is incorrect or the power delivery is not good enough, you'll end up killing your PC.

Cheers!

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
Thanks for the answer,
I tried my GPU on my friend pc an it has done the same glitches and artifacts then crash and 'no signal' , so its seems like the GPU is faulty, i don't have RMA; should i try to fix it by myself using heat or bake method ?
After analyzing the artifacts it looks like It's the main chip on my video card which does the actual drawing.
What were your GPU temps when it is crashing? It might be throttling from heat if your case doesn't have adequate air flow. You may be able to fix with some voltage and clock speed changes if it is throttling.

May 18, 2019
What were your GPU temps when it is crashing? It might be throttling from heat if your case doesn't have adequate air flow. You may be able to fix with some voltage and clock speed changes if it is throttling.
the GPU temp was about 50° to 60° also i never experienced any overheating issue
another thing is windows block my gpu because it has reported problems, it's not detected by MSI Afterburner or ASUS GPU Tweak II, so how to block windows from stopping my GPU ?

May 18, 2019
I'd change the PSU first and then check if the problems still happen.

You're focusing on the wrong thing here. Just because it's "400W", it does not mean it will be delivering the correct amount of power to the components that need it. PSUs are more complex than what people thinks and each connector from the PSU has a different amperage and voltage rating. All of that adds up to what the PSU's power rating amounts, but if the combination of those is incorrect or the power delivery is not good enough, you'll end up killing your PC.

Cheers!

thanks for the reply,
I was thinking the same, but to check if it's the PSU is causing problems i tried to test my GPU on my friend PC, unfortunately, my GPU showed artifacts then NO SIGNAL (my friend have a 600W PSU)
so i "think" its not PSU-related problem
+hope i'm wrong :)

Thanks for the answer,
I would not try to fix it myself if I were you. You can always take it to a repair shop if it's repairable.

Without a doubt I would change the PSU no matter what else decision you make. Even if you go and buy the least powerful GPU, you will be far better having a PSU that it's not a fire hazard.

Reactions: vairoxe
thanks for the reply,
I was thinking the same, but to check if it's the PSU is causing problems i tried to test my GPU on my friend PC, unfortunately, my GPU showed artifacts then NO SIGNAL (my friend have a 600W PSU)
so i "think" its not PSU-related problem
+hope i'm wrong :)
No, the card may be toasted because of the PSU. That's kind of everyone's point when bringing up the PSU. If you replace it, then you may fry it anyway. Also, we're talking about quality and not power numbers.

I saw your other thread asking about the artifacts and looks like the GPU is indeed fried to a degree, but, again, keep what I just said in mind.

Cheers!

May 18, 2019
No, the card may be toasted because of the PSU. That's kind of everyone's point when bringing up the PSU. If you replace it, then you may fry it anyway. Also, we're talking about quality and not power numbers.

I saw your other thread asking about the artifacts and looks like the GPU is indeed fried to a degree, but, again, keep what I just said in mind.

Cheers!
thanks, ill keep what you said in mind
The thing that i don't understand is how the graphic card is fried even if i never experienced overheating problems with all of my components
I'll replace the PSU once i get money but it won't fix my GPU
RIP ASUS STRIX GTX 1050Ti OC 2019-2019

May 18, 2019

Cheers!
Can reflowing GPU fix those artifacts ? or maybe reball ?

"Reflowing"? You mean "re-pasting" or "re-seating" the HSF (metal thingy for cooling) on it?

If the circuitry is fried or defective, you have to use Warranty to get a new card. There's nothing you can do, realistically speaking, that will fix a defective card.

Cheers!

Reactions: vairoxe

TRENDING THREADS