Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
First of all my PC specs are:

AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz (Non OC)
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz
Motherboard SUSTeK COMPUTER INC. CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
931GB Western Digital WDC

So im having this problem, i tried to play Red Dead Redemption 2 at lowest quality only keeping 1080 resolution and im having 30-20 fps. I downloaded MSI afterburner to check CPU and GPU usage on my PC and the GPU is on 20-30% of usage and the cpu is staying at 90-100%. Before anyone says im bottlenecking, im not, because i saw people with the same setup getting 50-55 fps on RDR2. Im also having this problem with other games like Dark Souls 3. I hope anyone can help me thanks a lot!

logainofhades

Titan
Check your CPU temps. The percentages you are seeing are a clear sign of a bottleneck, but it could be because the CPU is overheating, and running at a lower clock speed, to avoid damage. You could be still running 90-100% usage, in such a scenario.

nicotina117

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
Check your CPU temps. The percentages you are seeing are a clear sign of a bottleneck, but it could be because the CPU is overheating, and running at a lower clock speed, to avoid damage. You could be still running 90-100% usage, in such a scenario.
So far my cpu temps are fine not overheating if its bottleneck what can i do to solve this?

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
So far my cpu temps are fine not overheating if its bottleneck what can i do to solve this?
Wait a moment... are you checking cpu thermals with AMD Overdrive? Other applications don't read them properly.
The FX cpus should be read by Thermal Margin, or Distance to TJ Max. FX-8350 has a Thermal Margin of 61C - temperature readings should go down from that number the hotter the cpu runs.
Single digit, 0, and negative numbers are not good.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS