GTX 1060 6GB boot issues

Jun 14, 2018
I have a weird boot issue. I have a GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X by MSI. When I turn the PC on sometimes it will boot loop with nothing ever coming up on screen, sometimes it will just sit there black and not boot loop but the PC will be on with all lights. Eventually it will boot up and work flawlessly in gaming even at 100% playing all day I will never have an issue, never have games crash or a lack of FPS. Yesterday I bought all the parts for a new computer and have built it, I kept an SSD and the GPU from my old build apart from that everything is brand new but the same issue remains. I have unplugged the SSD and this problem remains. What would be causing the GPU to do this but perform perfectly once the machine actually manages to boot. Once the BIOS screen showed up on both PC's it'll always boot through to windows.

Jun 14, 2018

I've updated the BIOS to the newest and the issue happened again this morning. It will only happen when the computer "cold boots" once it is on I can restart fine and have no issues. Today i went to turn it on and it just sat there with fans spinning like usual so I kept restarting after a minute or two to try again,after a few tries I let it sit there for about 15 minutes with all the fans spinning and then powered off and on, booted up fine. my old PC will now boot 100% of the time with onboard graphics now that it doesn't have the 1060 in it.

Jun 14, 2018

I believe I'm about 1 week out of warranty, I've had this problem for a while but I've always figured it was a different component. Turns out it isn't boot looping it does go into windows just blank screen. If I leave the computer away for 5 minutes and then turn it off and power back on the card will work. So it seems the card needs a couple of minutes to "warm" up.