[SOLVED] Gtx 1060 6gb doesnt let me install drivers + crashing

Kajus

Prominent
Aug 26, 2019
So i bought this gainward gtx 1060 6gb (If you type gainward 1060 zhuifeng 6g thats the one i have And i think it might be a fake card since i can only find it on alieexpress or images) from some guy on shpock and when i got it installing the driver was really hard like i had to keep on refreshing then install one and alot of problems then i used ddu and removed the drivers then installed them again and it was working for an hour or so then it crashed and afterwards i got artifacts and stuff but that was when i got it and that was around a month ago now it wont let me install drivers and and when i launch a game it crashes and i have no idea how to fix it, when i turn on msi afterburner the gpu doesnt show up but on device manager it has a warning sign on it when i press install drivers and it says update windows to see if there are better drivers it doesnt download keeps on failing right at the end
and there are 3 updates

my specs now are-
I7 3770
Gtx 1060
16gb ddr3 ram
500gb Samsung ssd 840 pro

Solution
That might be the problem since my psu is built for office use but i dont see how that should stop me from downloading drivers
Your GPU requires sufficient and stable power in order to properly work with the rest of the system. A GPU having intermittent issues even if caused by power can easily prevent drivers from installing.

Especially being as crashes, stop errors, and hangs can come simply from a device or driver not responding correctly.

I'd say its a dud first, but bad PSUs can cause all manner of issues, including damage.

Kajus

Prominent
Aug 26, 2019
Unfortunately looks like you got a dud. I'd give it back if you can.
Also worth checking just in case that your PSU (make and model, not just wattage) is up to the task of your GTX1060.
That might be the problem since my psu is built for office use but i dont see how that should stop me from downloading drivers

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Your GPU requires sufficient and stable power in order to properly work with the rest of the system. A GPU having intermittent issues even if caused by power can easily prevent drivers from installing.

Especially being as crashes, stop errors, and hangs can come simply from a device or driver not responding correctly.

I'd say its a dud first, but bad PSUs can cause all manner of issues, including damage.

Reactions: Kajus
Solution