GTX 1060 6gb - Facing Low FPS and High latency with regular stuttering

mervyn337

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
Hi guys,

Recently just bought a new setup which includes a GTX 1060 6gb and i'm experience a very low fps and high latency with regular stuttering and lags even when just moving my mouse on the desktop.

In specific, my furmark test returned my a fps reading of 30fps (sometimes even below 10) on the 1080 preset, which is obviously way lower than the other benchmarks for a 1060. I've included a screenshot of it in the google drive link below:

Link to screenshots here

Included also are screenshots of afterburner readings during the furmark test, as well as latencymon results. I've also included a picture of my physical machine as well.

My setup is as follows:

• OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
    System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    PSU Gamemax GM-600
    Display device : GeForce GTX 1060 6GB on GP106-A GPU
    Display driver : 388.13

To date I've already tried the following solutions but to little improvements:

• Changed windows power settings for minimum processor state to 100%
    In Nvidia control panel, 3D settings -> Set power management to 'Prefer maximum performance' (Helped slightly)
    Tried out different versions of nvidia drivers, namely 368.95, 388.00 and the latest 388.71, all to no avail

Really hope to find the cause of this and hopefully a solution for it. Do let me know if I should provide any additional information

Solution
First one is nothing, second one...maybe. If you're familier with regedit, try this

Find: HKLM\system\current control set\services\cdflt
Scroll down the the right 'Name column' to 'Start': modify the 'Start' Reg_Dword (existing data) to 0x00000003
Click OK
Close the "Registry Editor"
Restart PC.
Done.

(Make sure you have fast restart disabled, see here https://in.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37059/~/windows-10%3A-enable-or-disable-fast-startup)

mervyn337

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018

Hmms...yeah read the link you sent, seems like it might be an issue. As for the task manager, nothing unusual there.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I don't want to point any fingers at your PSU (though I do recommend replacing it no matter what), so assuming that is not the issue lets keep going and see what else we can find. In Event Viewer, are there anything errors popping up under the "System" category?

mervyn337

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018

Yeah, think i probably should get a replacement for it regardless.

In event viewer, i see that there are two kinds of errors appearing, but not sure if its related. Here is is anyways:
First error:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
Second Error
The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error:
The request is not supported.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
First one is nothing, second one...maybe. If you're familier with regedit, try this

Find: HKLM\system\current control set\services\cdflt
Scroll down the the right 'Name column' to 'Start': modify the 'Start' Reg_Dword (existing data) to 0x00000003
Click OK
Close the "Registry Editor"
Restart PC.
Done.

(Make sure you have fast restart disabled, see here https://in.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37059/~/windows-10%3A-enable-or-disable-fast-startup)

Solution

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Lets also get these generic fixes out of the way too.

CHKDSK https://windowsinstructed.com/run-chkdsk-windows/ (the first way is easiest, make sure you select your boot drive "C:" if you have multiple drives/partitions. It'll likely say that it can't run while the disk is in use, and ask to run on the next reboot, say yes, and reboot and let it do its thing)

After that's done go ahead and run SFC. To do that, just open up a CMD prompt and run "SFC /SCANNOW" (no quotes obviously)

The third step will depend on whether you have an SSD/HDD (and who the manufacturer is) please let me know that info.

mervyn337

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018

Using a Samsung SSD EVO 250gb as my boot drive, with a WD Blue 1tb as my storage. Btw, thanks for the assistance thus far.

UPDATE: Both of the first two steps returned no issues.

TRENDING THREADS