• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question GTX 1060 6GB fan not spinning

Jul 8, 2020
Hello, I know that fans dont spin till they hit a certain temperature but my GPU would hit to degrees of like 80-100 to the point my game starts freezing every 2 seconds and the fan still doesn't start up. right now I have a fan blowing air onto the GPU from the outside and it definitely cools it down and helps with the game freezes but its super loud, I have tried using msi afterburner to manually control the speed of the fan and still doesn't spin. Do I need to buy a gpu fan or something?

Gerald6049

Prominent
Jun 9, 2020
Hello, I know that fans dont spin till they hit a certain temperature but my GPU would hit to degrees of like 80-100 to the point my game starts freezing every 2 seconds and the fan still doesn't start up. right now I have a fan blowing air onto the GPU from the outside and it definitely cools it down and helps with the game freezes but its super loud, I have tried using msi afterburner to manually control the speed of the fan and still doesn't spin. Do I need to buy a gpu fan or something?
Try reinstalling the driver. And what the brand of GTX 1060 ?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS