[SOLVED] GTX 1060 6GB fan not spinning

Jul 8, 2020
Hello, I know that fans dont spin till they hit a certain temperature but my GPU would hit to degrees of like 80-100 to the point my game starts freezing every 2 seconds and the fan still doesn't start up. right now I have a fan blowing air onto the GPU from the outside and it definitely cools it down and helps with the game freezes but its super loud, I have tried using msi afterburner to manually control the speed of the fan and still doesn't spin. Do I need to buy a gpu fan or something?

Solution
Check to be sure the card's fan cable isn't lose at its header (on card). But fans do die. Yours may have if it has been. Especially if it has been in gaming use 24/7ish.
Hello, I know that fans dont spin till they hit a certain temperature but my GPU would hit to degrees of like 80-100 to the point my game starts freezing every 2 seconds and the fan still doesn't start up. right now I have a fan blowing air onto the GPU from the outside and it definitely cools it down and helps with the game freezes but its super loud, I have tried using msi afterburner to manually control the speed of the fan and still doesn't spin. Do I need to buy a gpu fan or something?
Try reinstalling the driver. And what the brand of GTX 1060 ?