Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
Setup:
Amd Fx 6300 3.5 Ghz
Geforce Gtx 1060 6gb OC Edition
Gigabyte 970A-UD3P mobo
1x 8gb hyper X ram (Don't know the Mhz)
Evga 500w psu white rated

I recently upgraded to a 1060 6gb from an R9 280x 3gb and have been running into some problems. In games like Rainbow six siege on low settings my fps drops to 30fps when i run or ADS, on apex legends on low settings i get fps drops as well. I could run these two games at a stable 60fps on my r9 280x 3gb easily but this new gpu isn't doing too well, however on games like Just cause 4 and dishonored 2 i can play on high settings at 60fps EASY with the 1060 6gb so im confused as to what is wrong with the first two games. My temperatures are low when playing all these games, i've reinstalled the drivers many times, rolled back drivers, played around with the nvidea settings and game settings but i still get gpu and fps drops with Apex legends and RB6. Is the graphics card just broken?

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Okay, what about a older Driver, get one from December.
Then check your settings ingame, try borderless fullscreen.

there are settings in the nvidia panel, try to set this one on the red marked.

5X5WCNE.png

GrappleBois

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion, mate but it didn't work. I think my fx 6300 is just a bit crap for the 1060 so i'm looking at some intel I5's to buy which will hopefully fix the problems.

most likely CPU bottleneck. AFAIK games like rainbow six siege are not that demanding. when you use low graphic setting it will shift the bottleneck to your CPU more hence the performance will not improve even lowering the graphic setting. what you're seeing right now is one of the worst side effect from bottleneck. most often people think that if there is CPU bottleneck at the very least your performance won't be much worse than using your older and slower GPU. that assumption is wrong.

so what you can do right now is try overclocking your CPU as high as possible to reduce the bottleneck effect. try to reach 4ghz and above that. other wise yeah you need to upgrade to new platform.

Reactions: LewisMann