Gtx 1060 6gb low usage and bad fps

muamer_isakovic

Commendable
Aug 20, 2018
Hello.
So recently i have upgraded from r9 270 to 1060 6gb
Rest of my pc specs are : i5 4440
12GB RAM (3x4gb somehow running in a dual channel, when i checked in bios)
500GB HDD
XFX 450W

So the problem is the gpu usage.
My main game is CS:GO and when im playing like dm i get only from 20-30 gpu usage which leads me to only having 150fps with drops and highs.
So basicly with my gpu upgrade i have the same performances as with r9 270.
The temperatures are good but GPU usage is quite low, compared to 50-70 % cpu usage. I did some reasearches where the people said that my i5 4440 wont be and should not be a bottleneck to gtx 1060. and i also saw gameplays where people have the same pc specs and get a lot higher fps.
Im not only having a bad fps in cs:go it happes too in PUBG, LOL etc.

The interesting thing that when i first bought this pc with r9 270 i got like stable 200+ fps on dm with 20players, and after like having it for 3 years fps got a lot worse droppign it to 100-130.

I tried: reinstalling windows, reinstalling nvidia drivers ( with full remove and clean install), cleaning viruses, dust, setting all the possible settings to maximal performance, updating bios.

im really desperate so any help would be much appriciated

cs:go has poor optimization for high end graphic cards, basically you need a strong cpu for it, and i5 4440 is not going to be enough.

i noticed that the fps will scale with cpu frequency rather than a graphic card upgrade (i tried a r9 380 a rx 580 and a 1080ti, overall experience is very similar, gpu is running @ 20% ~30%)

if you want to upgrade, i think the best option is to get a 4000 series i7 like the 4770 or 4790.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
CS:GO, specifically, is more CPU intensive that anything else - as are the other titles mentioned (PUBG, LOL).

50% or so CPU utilization is interesting though. What resolution are you playing at?

You cleared/reinstalled Nvidia drivers..... but did you fully remove the AMD GPU drivers, using DDU?
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

If not, I'd start there.

muamer_isakovic

Commendable
Aug 20, 2018

I know that the game is cpu intensive its just i got a lot better experience in the past without any problems with a worse gpu.

I switched the resolutions from 1024x768 to 1920x1080 and i played with the details and stuff and noticed that fps is the same or similiar to a low deatailed effects and res as a high details and res.

i did fully remove amd gpu drivers using ddu and reinstalled nvidia drivers, and also after that reinstalled windows 10 and again installed nvidia drivers, and still have the same results

resolution doesn't have much impact if you are cpu bounded. all your cpu workload will be very samilar, charactor position, the calculation of bullet trajectories ....

there could be fixes or graphical improvements or new feature in game engine that slow down the game.

TRENDING THREADS