GTX 1060 6GB Mini vs ACX 2.0 ACX 3.0

Harrison_Wells

Reputable
Jun 29, 2017
Quick question, is there any disadvantage in buying a gtx 1060 6gb mini from zotac compared to like a gtx 1060 with 2 or 3 fans?

Is the main difference just size? Are there any performance differences? I know like the ones with 2 or 3 fans would have lower temps. But I wasn't sure if I should go for a mini Or not. My case can fit a mini Or a acx 3.0 card.

Solution
There are probably clock speed differences and noise differences. The smaller card with fewer fans can't run with as high clock speed as the larger heatsink fan units. That should be listed in the specs. The larger heatsink units also can run the fans slower in most cases to lower noise.

kanewolf

Titan
There are probably clock speed differences and noise differences. The smaller card with fewer fans can't run with as high clock speed as the larger heatsink fan units. That should be listed in the specs. The larger heatsink units also can run the fans slower in most cases to lower noise.

Solution
The performance of all 6gb GTX1060 cards will not be very different.
Mainly the difference is the amount of factory overclock.
Compare the boost clocks to get some idea.
The 2-3 fan units will depend on case cooling to get rid of heat.
The single fan units will tend to send most of the heat out the back through the reat card vents.
I like that better, but it is really not a big issue.

Harrison_Wells

Reputable
Jun 29, 2017

My case came with 5 pre-installed fans so should help the cards with 2 or 3 fans in terms of cooling. Will it also help the single fan card, if it sends heat out the back?

Direct exhaust always helps.
As to 5 fans, that is likely not good and leads to disruptive airflow
You want smooth front to back airflow.
Two 120/140mm in front and one 120mm exhaust at the rear is good.
If the front intakes are filtered and the only intakes, your case will stay cleaner.