[SOLVED] GTX 1060 6GB OC KFA2 stuttering lag on every game

Jul 19, 2018
I have many games such as CSGO, GTA 5, PUBG, ARMA 3,Rainbow Six Siege and on most of them i have stuttering lag. I've tried on pubg to use vsync and it started getting better but i still get fps drops from 60 fps to 3 fps for no goddamn reason. can anyone help me ? My CPU is an i5 7400

Solution
Not much you can do. It will only get worse as games get more demanding. You will need to upgrade soon to maintain a decent system. Your hardware is just starting to meet it's match now.

You can try dial back settings, use v-sync etc to make things smoother.
Use MSI afterburner, and set up the OSD to monitor CPU/GPU usage/temps. For some of those games (GTA V and PUBG) your I5 7400 will max out (100% usage). This can cause in game stuttering. So can having too little ram. A lot of games now use upwards of 8gbs of system ram. This can have a similar affect.

When playing PUBG for example you will see if the CPU maxes and if it corresponds to the FPS lag/stuttering.

Also, make sure you system drivers and GPU drivers are all up to date.

Jul 19, 2018

it doesn't maxes out. it stays at about 50-80%...i just got this prebuilt, is there any way to fix this ? I got 8 gigs of ram

MSI can also monitor system ram. RUn a game and see what it says. If it's using says 6000-7000mbs (6-7gbs) then you are prob maxing, as some ram will be reserved for the system.

Getting more ram should alleviate the issue. I'd suggest buying a 2 x matched kit of fast ram, and sell you single DIMM to offset the cost.