GTX 1060 6GB - Zotac vs EVGA vs Gigabyte

kubabaluch2

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I was originally thinking about buying the Zotac amp, but I read quite a few negative reviews under the product, and some people seemed to have the card die on them. So I ask you, is there a difference between these three cards? They are almost the same price, so what is different about them?

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 AMP!: https://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500403

Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB: https://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125901&cm_re=gigabyte_gtx_1060-_-14-125-901-_-Product

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING: https://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487280

Solution
I wonder how many of those negative reviews were from people having problems with other parts of their system and not the video card. When I purchased a Zotac GTX 1060 6GB mini card last year I originally thought the card was defective because it would freeze while gaming. Someone in the forum mentioned the power supply and I replaced the year old generic one with a better quality unit and all my problems disappeared. If I hadn't found the real reason for the problems I probably would have written a negative review also.
Negetive reviews.... well that depends i am user of the ZOTAC brand from last 7-8Years i think and i dont have any issues with it and one more most important thing i have not posted any positive replies for the brand but incase my card was dead like 1 out of 1000 then sure i will post the negative review i hope that you got my point:)

mwryder55

Distinguished
I wonder how many of those negative reviews were from people having problems with other parts of their system and not the video card. When I purchased a Zotac GTX 1060 6GB mini card last year I originally thought the card was defective because it would freeze while gaming. Someone in the forum mentioned the power supply and I replaced the year old generic one with a better quality unit and all my problems disappeared. If I hadn't found the real reason for the problems I probably would have written a negative review also.

Solution

Jwan Radzi

Honorable
May 12, 2015

Hi, what was ur former PSU's watt? As u can see my specs in the signature, is it possible for me to upgrade ONLY the graphic card to GTX 1060 6GB?

mwryder55

Distinguished

I had a 650 watt unit in my computer but was running a 2600K and a GTX 760 that required two 8 pin power connectors. It was probably more power than needed. When I replaced it I went to another 650 watt unit as it was the best one available at the local Best Buy, not necessarily because I needed the power. I think your 500 watt unit should be sufficient depending on the quality of the unit.

Jwan Radzi

Honorable
May 12, 2015

I checked my PSU and it's 650W, my bad LOL. Alright, so 650W is enough power for the GTX 1060 6GB. Besides that, do I need to change my mobo or processor? I fear the new graphic card doesn't fit my current mobo.

Thanks in advance.

mwryder55

Distinguished

You don't need to change anything else until you start finding things that won't work with your current setup. I have yet to find a reason to update my 5+ year old setup, other than increasing the RAM to 16 GB. Even newer games like No Man's Sky run fine on my setup.

Jwan Radzi

Honorable
May 12, 2015

Alrght. That's quite a RAM you got there. ;) But what about games such as The Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Forza Horizon 3? Do you think my rig will run them if I only upgrade the GPU?