GTX 1060 + A10 7870k - How bad of a bottleneck

nadimsadeeq9

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
I have an aging AMD A10 7870k which I’ve been using to play games at medium to low settings for a couple of years now. However, I’ve noticed the APU struggling to push out 60+ FPS on the lowest settings on games such as Fortnite. I’ve been thinking to invest into a new graphics card and I think that a gtx 1060 would serve me well. However, I am aware that the cpu portion of my apu is weak. How badly would it affect the FPS on modern titles?

Or would it be smarter to wait for the next line of nvidia gpus and perhaps get something around the xx50 mark? I’m trying hard not to get a gpu by AMD due to high power usage.

Solution
Pretty substantial bottleneck. Multi-player gaming on a busy server is just too much for the APU to handle comfortably. The GTX 1050 Ti is probably the best bang for the buck with that APU. Or possibly a RX-570 if you don't mind some bottleneck.

What gfx card are you using now?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Pretty substantial bottleneck. Multi-player gaming on a busy server is just too much for the APU to handle comfortably. The GTX 1050 Ti is probably the best bang for the buck with that APU. Or possibly a RX-570 if you don't mind some bottleneck.

What gfx card are you using now?

Solution

nadimsadeeq9

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

Was using integrated graphics but thanks to your advice I got an EVGA GTX 1050ti for £140. A HUGE performance increase :)